Altro Flooring Alternatives, Karndean Or Similar?

Kp40 night tile is a very flat no texture with no Bevil to the wear layer that plyboard needs to be a minimum of 6mm marine ply fixing 100mm apart with a minimum of 19mm ringshank or 20mm screw if it's one sheet of ply with no joints your be ok with no feather and use fball 48 high temperature glue don't use f46 or f44.

Hard floor fitter used to do some of dirty weekenders karndean in there vans years back and seen bad fitting by not correctly installing

Out of interest, what's the issue with F44? Just been doing a bit of searching and the F48 one is significantly more expensive but also seems to be generally much harder to get hold of at the moment in a sensible quantity... I only need 2 ltrs, you're looking at £50 plus delivery for 15ltrs where the F44 is available in a 2.5ltrs for £15....

Unfortunately it's not a 1 piece floor, its the T6 3 piece from Custom Shop Designs but it's well screwed down with no movement in it at all. I just need to fill a couple of spots where the boards join.

Out of interest, what's the issue with F44? Just been doing a bit of searching and the F48 one is significantly more expensive but also seems to be generally much harder to get hold of at the moment in a sensible quantity... I only need 2 ltrs, you're looking at £50 plus delivery for 15ltrs where the F44 is available in a 2.5ltrs for £15....

Unfortunately it's not a 1 piece floor, its the T6 3 piece from Custom Shop Designs but it's well screwed down with no movement in it at all. I just need to fill a couple of spots where the boards join.
F44 is standard vinyl adhesive.
F48 is a high temperature adhesive with fibre for additional strength.
Uzin KE66 is also high temp adhesive.
Have you looked on Ebay ?
If I was closer to you, I could give you some for nowt.

I'm about an hour or so from you in Worcester more than happy for you to grab some f46/48. Is there not a floor layer up your way that could do it for you?.

I'm about an hour or so from you in Worcester more than happy for you to grab some f46/48. Is there not a floor layer up your way that could do it for you?.
That's not a bad shout actually, was going to do it myself but for might speak to a floor fitter and see what they'll charge...

F44 is standard vinyl adhesive.
F48 is a high temperature adhesive with fibre for additional strength.
Uzin KE66 is also high temp adhesive.
Have you looked on Ebay ?
If I was closer to you, I could give you some for nowt.
Managed to get a tub of the F48 for £30 on eBay... It's not the F48 Plus though... Seems the Plus has the fibres and the standard F48 is just high temp. I've gone for it...hopefully will do the job.

F48 would be the best. Say I'm only about an hour from yourself if you get stuck. I'm a lvt karndean/amtico fitter here is my number even if you want some advice 07955212994

F48 would be the best. Say I'm only about an hour from yourself if you get stuck. I'm a lvt karndean/amtico fitter here is my number even if 48 and you want some advice 07955212994
Hi bud, quick question, I've got a tub of the F48 and the Karndean arrived this morning, sub floor is all prepared and I'd say 99% perfect... Question is, the adhesive and the flooring dont really come with any directions... Watched a few Karndean installation videos and it seems people spread the glue and let it dry to tacky before laying, doesn't mention that on the tub though?

Would I be right in assuming that's the way to go, maybe do it in 2 halves, spread from the kitchen side over to the middle (so I have a surface to kneel on) let it dry (till it goes goes clear?) lay those planks, then do the other half?

Is it also necessary to use a roller? The videos I've seen mention it needs rolling with a heavy roller, something I would have to hire... Either that or I go over it with body weight and a rolling pin!!

F48 need to lay in wet as it's a wet bond high temp. It's not the easiest to do especially for a diy job can get very messy. You can use a small hand roller but doesn't need to be done. Give me a call I'll give you an idea of cost to do a mint job .

F48 need to lay in wet as it's a wet bond high temp. It's not the easiest to do especially for a diy job can get very messy. You can use a small hand roller but doesn't need to be done. Give me a call I'll give you an idea of cost to do a mint job .
Thanks buddy but you're 2 hrs away so I guess to make it worth your while I'd have had to pay you more than I could afford...

We also want to do as much of it as possible ourselves for the satisfaction.

2 days of graft but it's finally done and we're really happy with the result. Thanks for the tips on the glue.

20200524_191227.jpg

20200524_191235.jpg

Hi, where did you get your plastic lining panels from and how do they work with the cali seat? Many thanks.
Hello. Apart from the bed rubbing the C-pillar ever so slightly, they were fine. They are from Dub Plastics. They told me they sell two kits - this kit for sliding seats, and for fixed-beds / day-vans a kit with wider wheel arches.

Thats really nice. Are those separate planks with black line trim inserted or one piece sheet ?
Yes it's separate, i used Knight tile KP40 as others suggested then you can buy one they call 'design strip' in various colours... it's literally the thin black strip that you have to stick down in between each row of planks. It's a bit fiddly and time consuming but to be honest wasn't too difficult in the end.

I got the floor tiles from here, Karndean Knight Tile American Oak Bit of a random website but seemed to be the cheapest i could find online and to be fair they were really good, called me after i ordered online to let me know when they'd be delivered.

The design strip is about £25 a pack but managed to find someone with a few packs on Ebay in black for £8! KARNDEAN DESIGN STRIPPING , LACING STRIPPING. CODE DS07 EBONY | eBay (looks like he's still got some left).

I've got a LWB, it's roughly 5sqm, flooring comes in 3.34sqm's per box so you need to buy 2 boxes which is pain as hardly used any of the second pack. The strip took 2 boxes as well, still got a few left but did use more of that.

Great thanks!
It's just what I'm looking to do
If you don't want your left overs I'd be happy to buy them off you rather than me buying 2 packs.

Great thanks!
It's just what I'm looking to do
If you don't want your left overs I'd be happy to buy them off you rather than me buying 2 packs.
We're still working out what we're going to do about furniture etc. but we were thinking we might be able to use the leftover stuff elsewhere like they have here to match the floor... It's pretty flexible stuff so i'm assuming that's what they've done here (could be wrong though!) we were thinking we could line the side of the pull-out bed with it or something...

Not sure yet but if we find out we don't need it, i will let people know on this thread and happy to sell off rather than sit gathering dust!

20200220_131727.jpg

Maybe you can heat it up. I know you can buy sheets of fake teak like that but that more for floor.
That kitchen looks great with it applied!

Thanks for the links.

Yeah a heat gun will get the Karndean to bend how you want it to. I allowed mine to run on over the edge of the floor, as the threshold and the plastic trim panels for the sides didn’t meet.

Hello, can I ask off topic where you got the offside storage panel card from behind the drivers seat?

Back