All in one solar controller, inverter, charger & mains hook up

Cog Head

Hi all,
I’ve been lurking in the search function for the past day or so, looking up electrical systems and solar integration, whilst browsing I found this little beauty-

This is great, but does anyone know of a unit like this that also has an inverter and mains charger integrated into a single unit?

Renogy and Victron do combined Inverter chargers.

But solar would be seperate.

Alternatively you can get solar and Dc-Dc combined units.

It would be nice if someone made an all in one unit, less wiring, less space taken up and less weight

As long as everything in wired up correctly the chances of total failure are very low, but still possible, in that unlikely event…just run the engine for a bit to charge everything up once a day

As long as everything in wired up correctly the chances of total failure are very low, but still possible, in that unlikely event…just run the engine for a bit to charge everything up once a day
My point was, if one component of the “all in one” box fails, e.g, the solar regulator, then you’re looking at swapping out the whole unit rather than just the failed solar. If you have separate units for each job I.e. solar/mains/B2B & one part fails, you’re only paying for the failed unit, not the whole lot.

In addition to the all-eggs-in-one-basket point above, combined units are often compromised compared to dedicated units. The most obvious example is the rather limited maximum voltage input on the MPPT solar bit of many combined units. In many cases you're better off just buying a dedicated unit which is specified to exactly what you want to achieve.

Back