T6.1 Mains Hook Up Not Charging Battery

I’m oddly having the exact same challenge I think. Well I certainly have the same set up, currently on a campsite in Devon, plugged in and the leisure battery alarm went off. First I knew something was wrong. T6.1 from Denby’s. I’ll be calling them in the morning and will update. Can’t help but think it’s me being stupid. Three pin plugs were working when I arrived. Then the toaster stopped working, which made me think a fuse is blown. Any ideas which fuse I should be replacing? I assume this will be in the the powerband box/consumer unit?

Partner and kids on board, pray for me

You may get more notice starting a fresh thread with pictures of your installation.

A toaster is a 240v device so that would have nothing to do with a 12v fuse. By the sounds of it you may have tripped a 240v breaker. A toaster is a potentially high wattage device, especially if you are on a limited EHU - check the rating on the toaster and check with the site what their EHU is rated at.

Check the breakers in your PDU and if those are not the issue check the breaker at the site end.

Defo check the EHU post on the campsite to see if it's tripped. (Breaker box on the post)

Then start working back towards the van.

Make sure the blue plug is connected properly at the post and at the van.

Then make sure the vans 240 consumer unit hasn't tripped,.... check the breaker fuses are all on.

Then move to your plug sockets and devices.

These 240v socket testers can be helpful to trace issues.

Screenshot_20230831_061032_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I’m oddly having the exact same challenge I think. Well I certainly have the same set up, currently on a campsite in Devon, plugged in and the leisure battery alarm went off. First I knew something was wrong. T6.1 from Denby’s. I’ll be calling them in the morning and will update. Can’t help but think it’s me being stupid. Three pin plugs were working when I arrived. Then the toaster stopped working, which made me think a fuse is blown. Any ideas which fuse I should be replacing? I assume this will be in the the powerband box/consumer unit?

Partner and kids on board, pray for me
Hi Bluey22, glad you got sorted ok. It turned my issue was very different, there was an EHU power box hidden behind a panel next to the fridge that had burnt out. Once replaced all working. Enjoy your trip.

Hi Bluey22, glad you got sorted ok. It turned my issue was very different, there was an EHU power box hidden behind a panel next to the fridge that had burnt out. Once replaced all working. Enjoy your trip.
Oh really. That’s not great. Got a photo of the item, for reference?

Back