Adding Rear Speakers to OEM Headunit and enabling Fade

thanks Pauly - I’ll go give it a go.

Do you happen to know which way round the wires go - I can’t find a wiring diagram....

Thanks Pauly - can’t seem to find the locking tabs on the brown connector - I’ll try again tomorrow when it’s light....

Hi Guys, im a bit late jumping in to this thread.
Im in Australia and wanting to know what the part number is for the repair wire to add the rear speaker to the quad lock connector. Even the size of the pins so i can grab them from alibaba etc would be cool.
I've searched hi and low on the web but just haven't been able to get anywhere so far.

Will the reboot option work without recoding?

I’ve had rear speakers fitted recently and would like the option of a fader

I have just pressured my van converter into connecting my rear speakers, which they previously installed, to the 4 ‘spare’ speaker outputs on the head unit rather than piggybacking off the front speakers. They were very reluctant to do this because they said it was against the advice of their their audio sub-contractor and two VW dealerships.

Lo and behold the speaker balance ‘fader’ came up without further intervention. This may be because @Pauly tried unsuccessfully to enable it when the speakers were incorrectly connected, although I thought it was then reset to default. Or does the 2018 T6 automatically enable the fader when rear speakers are connected?

Anyway, many thanks indeed to the Forum for enabling me to challenge ‘experts’ so as to obtain the available functionality

Anyway, many thanks indeed to the Forum for enabling me to challenge ‘experts’ so as to obtain the available functionality
Did you get the opportunity to demonstrate it to them with much smugness?

@Loz actually I thought it would need recoding so didn’t try until after we had left. But as soon as I successfully tried it I did send them a photo of the fader display to show them what they could build into future conversions

I’ve had the same issue with mine, front and rear connected to an amp and unable to activate the fader. I gave up thinking it won’t activate because the head unit is seeing the speaker outputs as open circuit. :confused:

@Deaky . I take it the factory head unit doesn't have pre outs so your sending speaker level feed to the amp. The reason I ask is I'm looking to install a small Alpine amp to help drive rear mounted 6 x 9s
The Only Alpine KTP-445U Review You'll Need: A Tiny But Amazing 4 Channel Mini Amp

However I really want to keep the fader option on my standard head unit. Didn't realise this would be a problem until I saw this thread.

Thank you guys! This thread helped me a lot !

Probably already worked out for you Rick, but i think they are called JPT-Pinns

Hi All,

I know this is an old post but I am struggling to enable the fader on my T6 with composition audio. I have the rear speakers installed and they are working but I cannot control the front/rear volume independently. I am following the instructions in this post because I do not have VCDS. I'm using ODB11 which gives me access to the bytes in a very similar format to the jpg posted above.

Can anyone confirm that the setting for Byte 4 is 0xFF after selecting 4 channel, 6 speakers in VCDS because when I enable channels 1 and 4 as described above I still do not see the fader enabled? I have tried going to sleep (overnight) and also long press on power to restart head unit with no success.

I do have an amp installed on the front speakers and so there are 4 fault code for front L & R Tweeter and Woofer speakers not detected, could that be causing the problem?

Thanks, Dave.

The stereo needs to see a load connected to the speaker terminals for it to activate or it often fails, it could well be the amp that is upsetting the changes ?

That's a blow. I was hoping for a ODB fix rather than taking the dash apart :) Do you think it worth bypassing the amp temporarily to enable the fader or is it likely to disappear when I re-connect the amp???

Yes you need a load for the fader to activate. So installing a amp causes this issue

However we do have a solution which solves this, not expensive just requires a bit of wiring

Hi Absolute5. It's your amp/sub/speaker kit I have for the front! I'm adding a couple of basic rear speakers so the children can listen without me going deaf in the front. What have you got to fix this - I thought about a few resistors but they would generate a fair bit of heat even just from he standard head unit?

Hi Absolute5. It's your amp/sub/speaker kit I have for the front! I'm adding a couple of basic rear speakers so the children can listen without me going deaf in the front. What have you got to fix this - I thought about a few resistors but they would generate a fair bit of heat even just from he standard head unit?

Hiya
We use a brand new product from one of our suppliers

Did we install it for you or was it one of the kits we supplied to you

Back