Adding Rear Speakers to OEM Headunit and enabling Fade

Nice one, thanks @Absolut5!

Does it matter that I have the start line t6 head unit?
If I went with the physically smaller pioneers from the same series (10cm) would they still work, albeit not as loud? Might prefer something more discrete for the kiddy speakers

Thanks again!

Nice one, thanks @Absolut5!

Does it matter that I have the start line t6 head unit?
If I went with the physically smaller pioneers from the same series (would they still work

I wouldn’t go for a 10cm... will give very poor sound, a 13cm would be the min i suggest

@Absolut5 I had 13cm pioneers fitted as part of my camper conversion and when the fader was coded you can hear that they are noticeably quieter than the front and don’t sound great. I don’t know the model but do you think putting higher end pioneer speakers of the same size in would help or could there be an issue with the wiring?

I did a quick search on 13cm speakers and Rockford fosgate seem to be highly rated.

@Absolut5 I had 13cm pioneers fitted as part of my camper conversion and when the fader was coded you can hear that they are noticeably quieter than the front and don’t sound great. I don’t know the model but do you think putting higher end pioneer speakers of the same size in would help or could there be an issue with the wiring?

I did a quick search on 13cm speakers and Rockford fosgate seem to be highly rated.

They will be quieter, distance, size

If you want them to play louder, Look for speakers that are efficient like the Blams, most of them run 2 ohm coils which make them run high sensitivity values unlike 95% of speakers that run the standard 4 ohm rating

They will be quieter, distance, size

If you want them to play louder, Look for speakers that are efficient like the Blams, most of them run 2 ohm coils which make them run high sensitivity values unlike 95% of speakers that run the standard 4 ohm rating
They do get louder when I sit closer :D

I guess it comes down to what you want these speakers for. I’m not sure I’ve worked that out yet!

Thanks for the advise on the Blams, just had a quick look and I see they do a 5x7 so I might see if these will fit. Have you used those before? Used to swear by 6x9s as a teenager, really good sound and don’t need a sub

They do get louder when I sit closer :D

I guess it comes down to what you want these speakers for. I’m not sure I’ve worked that out yet!

Thanks for the advise on the Blams, just had a quick look and I see they do a 5x7 so I might see if these will fit. Have you used those before? Used to swear by 6x9s as a teenager, really good sound and don’t need a sub

We haven’t use them before, going by the rest of their speakers they are very good without being expensive

I'm thinking to fit rear speakers in the sides of seats in the 2nd row. I have the wall just behind them. And I do not prefer rear speakers in the ceiling.

Hi Chris, how did you get on with speaker situation,I’m going through probably the same issues.
My T6 goes into conversation end of May.
Regards
Michael

Hi Chris, how did you get on with speaker situation,I’m going through probably the same issues.
My T6 goes into conversation end of May.
Regards
Michael
Hi Michael,

I just ran cables to back off van then added them into the harness with the pins highlighted below,

Monkton thing is I need to get the fader activated

I’ve got factory fitted rear speakers with fade controlled on the head unit, has anyone put a manual fade control in the rear passenger area so they can have control?

Hi Michael,

I just ran cables to back off van then added them into the harness with the pins highlighted below,

Monkton thing is I need to get the fader activated
What pins were these? I can't see anything on the post but i might be being blind :)

Hello everyone
I’ve ordered the pins from absolut5 to connect my rear speakers into the existing loom on the back of my head unit, don’t suppose anybody has any pictures to help show me which holes I need to connect them in to? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Just google quadlock pinout and you will see
Theres a 8 pin block in the back of the unit that makes up part of the larger quadlock plug, you will already have 4 wires in there for the front speakers and your rears will fill the other four empty slots

Back