A 'different' fader problem - wiring

I am hoping someone can help me.
Our van is a 2017 T6 Trendline with a standard 'ICE' head unit.
Rear speakers were wired in by the campervan converter. The rear speakers respond to the volume and balance controls, but without fader.
My son has recently used a PC to enable the fader function, but the rear speakers do not fade. He believes that the person who wired it up has wired the rear speakers across the front speakers, so the fader function doesn't recognise any rear speakers ( maybe it doesn't detect a resistance ? ).
Is this plausible, or are we missing something, please?
Thanks.

Pop the head unit out and have a look at the brown quad block, if the speakers have been wired correctly you will see four sets of speaker cables going into it, if the rear speakers have been spliced into the front speaker cables the fader won’t work

Right. ( or left !).....
I've bitten the bullet and removed the surround and unscrewed the 'head' unit. Clearly, the lazy builder just piggy-backed the wires!!!
I have found which pin does what, so now all I need to do is rewire it.
Can somebody tell be what 'pin inserts' to buy and where, please? There seems to be several types!
Many thanks.
Andy.

20230813_163535.jpg

You need ones like this

Although the wire entry looks quite large on these for speaker cable so have a search as there may be better options

Search for ‘junior power timer’ or ‘vw crimps’ and you should find what your looking for

Back