Power Latch Retrofit Wiring

Dundee_Kev

MOT Tester
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I have just fitted a power latch motor to my T6 sliding door. Have temporary wired most of it up and have managed to get it working.

I'm unsure as to where I am meant to connect the two wires from the controller, pins No. 6 and 8. If I just connect pin 8 from the controller directly to pin No.6 on the 10 pin green T10q connector under the passenger seat, everything seems to work fine.

Can I just leave it like this and forget about pin 6 on the controller?? Or what am I not understanding here?

Thanks in advance for any info.

The control module would normally interrupt the door signal so you would cut the wire under the passenger seat and join the spare cable to the dash side of the cut

Hi @Pauly

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I appear to be having issues. I've seen posts saying to connect pin 6 from latching module to pin 3 of the ten pin connector under the seat. There is no wire in my pin 3. Likewise pin 4 on the door contact switch is empty. From my wiring diagram studying they will be will be there if you have an alarm. Mine is a startline with no factory alarm.

So which wires am I meant to cut and connect to? I've tried a few now with various results, none of which achieve what I want.

Cheers

Highline = alarm = green plug
Startline = no alarm = beige plug (will need to check PIN number)

Startline = no alarm = beige plug (will need to check PIN number)
Thanks Pauly.

Yeah. I came to the conclusion it was the beige plug and pin No. 4. I'm sure I tried that wire but it didn't seem to work.

I will resume come daylight tomorrow and double check

Hi @Pauly

Ok, I have cut pin 4 on the beige connector and connected the wires to either side. This results in me losing the door open signal and if I press the sliding door switch it powers one way, when released it powers the opposite way (it was spinning the wrong way, so switched the polarity)

When I slide the door closed, nothing happens. I can hear the switch operating when I move the door, but nothing happens.

I'm obviously missing something stupid here, so any further pointers would be great

If it’s no alarm then I’m guessing you have a door pin on the c pillar ?
Is it making contact with the door ? You may need to adjust it out a bit if it’s not sensitive enough

Yeah, got the switch on the c pillar. When the door is open and I press the button the striker closes and when released it opens. It seems to be when the door hits the contacts on the b pillar it doesn't work.

The other issue is I lose the door open warning. I'm assuming I have chopped the correct wire? I'm wondering if the controller has a fault. Both the motor and controller were second hand. Maybe it can't be fitted to a startline van?

Anyone got this working on a startline van and any issues?

Cheers

Back