A Full On Rant..

Littering really bugs.

There is a farm gateway near me that gets McDonalds rubbush left in it all the time.
A local resident cleared it up and found the recipt from McDonalds in it.
The local parish council got involved, they contacted the district council, who then contacted the said McDonalds.
The said McDonalds, using the info on the recipt, were able to use that info to pinpoint the car going through thier drive through cctv camera and pass the details back to the council.
The council then contacted the police, who sent out a fixed penalty notice to the cars registered keeper with a £400 fine.
This happend 3 times in one weekend.

Someone had an expensive McDonalds.
I like a story with a happy ending!

I applied to Dover council for permits for my Ford Ranger pickup which is personal use only, got knocked back as we have got another car in the family an Audi A1, really suitable for house bashing rubbish. Councils are not helping the situation a lot. Baz

I applied to Dover council for permits for my Ford Ranger pickup which is personal use only, got knocked back as we have got another car in the family an Audi A1, really suitable for house bashing rubbish. Councils are not helping the situation a lot. Baz
How did they know about the Audi? If you reapplied whilst the Audi was SORN, for example, then would they grant the permit?

And they wonder why fly tipping goes on.

As said earlier, Shropshire is doddle in comparison. I used to have an Amarok and could take that with no questions asked. I did have trailer permits, but hardly ever got asked for them.

When we were demolishing the house that made way for our new one, most of that went to the local tip for free. There was one occasion when I had two large trailer loads of timber to get rid of. I went to see the lads the day before and they let me back the trailer into the bay, drop the sides and they pushed it all off with the loader.

20171013_100416.jpg

As someone with a wood burner that pains me to see...
SWMBO went mad when we did the house (“bungalow eating”) and I had the chippies stack the timbers at the end of the garden under a massive tarp! It saw two wood burner through two winters though!

The only thing I no longer burn is chipboard, the shower of sparks that comes out of the chimney is a little disturbing to the neighbours.
Nails aren't a problem, a magnetic workshop picker tool removes them before cleaning out the ashes.

The gamekeepers local to me found a white van stuck in a muddy field. The driver had no plausible explanation and the Police were called as it started to get violent.
The Police found the back of the van was full of building waste but nothing had been tipped. The driver didn’t have a valid licence or insurance but because he wasn’t on a public road they didn’t take any further action.
The last I heard was the Police wouldn’t be invited to any future fly tipping incident, self help being the preferred method.

Its awful see the rubbish fly tipped. Some people just don't care. You can even see it in housing estates.

Councils are generally not bothered about fly tipping as most of its is on private land and its up to the land owner to clear it. Its getting so hard to dispose of waste, even in the local tip. Some you cant dump certain types of waste. One time when I was at the local tip a man dumped his hard core into the rubble skip and one of the staff members spotted a small piece of asbestos roofing sheet. I'm talking 80mm long. The staff member climbed in the skip and gave the guy the piece of asbestos sheet back and said you cant dump that here. He replied back where can I dump it then? Don't know but not here. He guy just said I will put it in my black bin at home then. The staff member potentially made it worse by doing what he did by exposing people to asbestos fibres.

Most people want to do the right thing but its so hard.

The only thing I no longer burn is chipboard, the shower of sparks that comes out of the chimney is a little disturbing to the neighbours.
Nails aren't a problem, a magnetic workshop picker tool removes them before cleaning out the ashes.
Nails aren’t an issue as they’re easily picked out of a wood burner. Our roof was so old, it was from before the days of tantalising. (That said, I wouldn’t be sure if someone had treated it over the years - which was fashionable in the 70s)

Back