A Full On Rant..

I'm not sure about other counties, but in Leicestershire you cannot go to a recycling centre with a van, unless you apply for a permit.
The permit process is the usual government red-taped dozens of questions fiasco, which I guess if you add up the IQ of a handful of these morons that carry out theses crimes, probably explains why they don't go the correct route, which is actually free.

Trouble is now this mess hasn't been cleared up, the pile is actually getting bigger with a few additions obviously from last night :mad:
Sheep mentality springs to mind, but it's not going to ruin today. :)
Same round here, I always have to show the guys at the tip the inside of my T6 so they can see it's not a work van and then they're fine. Just been out to take my granddaughter home and on the rural local roads round me there were two separate piles of bin bags dumped that weren't there Sunday :(

I'm not sure about other counties, but in Leicestershire you cannot go to a recycling centre with a van, unless you apply for a permit.
The permit process is the usual government red-taped dozens of questions fiasco, which I guess if you add up the IQ of a handful of these morons that carry out theses crimes, probably explains why they don't go the correct route, which is actually free.

Trouble is now this mess hasn't been cleared up, the pile is actually getting bigger with a few additions obviously from last night :mad:
Sheep mentality springs to mind, but it's not going to ruin today. :)

Yes i understand where your coming from, my point was we must be lucky as it is so easy in shropshire to go to a recycle center in shrop and unload a sofa or mattress or any bulky item. To get a permit for a trailer or van you just need your name and address and vehicle reg, all done online, and they will issue you with 12 tickets, but if you go in a camper, range rover or the like you can tip for free.

But at the end of the day some people were "dragged" up and i was hopefully "brought" up.

On a final note came home today from walking the dog this morning, like yourself, pulled into a passing place for an oncoming vehicle and there was a pile of christmas wrapping paper and paper bags and crap just dumped.:mad:

My daughter came in, having just seem two blokes dumping a fridge freezer. She got the pick up reg number, so i got straight on to the police, thinking that if they got their finger out they could pull them in at an island 10 miles up the road where they were heading.
Police refused to take details, saying its nothing to do with them and gave me the councils number, which was an ansaphone and they finally returned the call 3 days later.

Its been going on in certain areas around us for 20 years, usually in the same spots.In that time there has been no patrols, covert surveilance or convictions, which leads me to believe that the council isn't very bothered, indeed i think they depend on it to protect a few jobs.

Least that is worthy of TV..
No one in their right mind would think a nice Grey Van like that would do such a thing, let alone carry it.. Black however, with a couple buckets and chamois in the back, lugging Dustbin lids around.. well.. :whistle:

Anyway, got all the hall marks of Mr Loz that photo..

@Ed Webb has just tweeted ITV the imagine of the black van seen in the area... watch tomorrows news..
Ladies and gents keep your eyes peeled for a black van. Suspected stolen after this photo was discovered during the investigation. The van has possibly had exterior alterations since this photo to conceal it's identity. Wheel changes, sticker removal and front end repaint suspected but unconfirmed.
20180211_122854.jpg
Whitness reports have often seen the van in the area and a few claim to the owner having connections with the caravan community.
Local police are leaving some scrap metal in the area to see if the owner takes the bait. :D

Ladies and gents keep your eyes peeled for a black van. Suspected stolen after this photo was discovered during the investigation. The van has possibly had exterior alterations since this photo to conceal it's identity. Wheel changes, sticker removal and front end repaint suspected but unconfirmed.
View attachment 34598
Whitness reports have often seen the van in the area and a few claim to the owner having connections with the caravan community.
Local police are leaving some scrap metal in the area to see if the owner takes the bait. :D

I don't know if I should be flattered or worried you have such an in-depth knowledge of my life Ed. :eek:

Councils have caused this themselves unfortunately, Household waste picked up every 2 weeks now in our area, Garden waste bin now £35 a year, and then increasing Council Tax. Trades men having to pay extra, Skips costing a fortune to hire.
Ok this doesn't give someone the right to Dump Shite anywhere, but surely if the Council left an Industrial sized Skip in a designated place for everyone to use it would get used and save the Council the effort of cleaning it up.

Well you read it here first. This fly tip was so bad it's just been featured on the BBC East Midlands news, and subsequently swiftly removed by the council :thumbsup:

Just seen it tonight mate. I live near the river in Long Eaton and we suffer the same intermittently, council have installed CCTV cameras and signs which seems to have stopped it for now.
One of the guys that lives on a boat near me (bit of a lad) went through the last lot of rubbish found an address called at the house and shamed the bloke into clearing it up.

Thinking about it, if you study the piles of rubbish in the picture and scan though this thread Fish's T6.1 there is suspicious correlation.

I’m not sure what it’s like anywhere else but in Hampshire you need a permit to go to the tip with a van, this in itself isn’t really a problem but if don’t have a van & you borrow a one you cant go into the tip - of course you only find this out when your there with your van full but they wont let you in no matter how nice you are or how much you plead with them...

Or you own a Kombi and you go onto the council website and see that if it has seats and windows in the back, and no bulkhead then its not a van - that is until you turn up at the tip and the jobsworth says it’s wrong, even when you nicely show him the Hants council site with the van definition he explains that the website is wrong and because its got a van bit behind the second row of seats so its a van!!!

Then, when you do get in you pull a piece of a roof tile out of the back of the van (approx A5 size) and you get told it’ll cost you £12.50 to tip that because its builders rubble!!

Then the council wonders why fly tipping is on the increase, you really couldn’t make it up.

I get the trade waste bit as every tradesman from miles around would fill their skips in a few hours and the council would lose the revenue but when its clearly a family vehicle then its just ridiculous and just adds to the fly tipping problem.

Back