A Full On Rant..

Sadly I havent yet found a productive use for my spare time so end up reading a large amount of forum posts. I have however mastered the search feature :)
So that's what you do to kill time for 4 hrs when waiting for assistance at the allotment :D

Was this not the bubble insulation and red lining you bought to convert your bus?.

Could not agree with you more @Tourershine, I generaly blame pikies because that is the sort of thing they do but it can also be unscrupulous scumbags outto make a quick buck. It happens around here in Oxfordshire as well, you can get rid of it at the recyling but need a permit if you have a van. Trade waste tends to cost more to dump so that is why they end up dumping in in a layby. Personaly I thing a baseball bat is too good for them, they need dumping in the crusher with the waste

Last edited:
I'm normally a pretty chilled chap in general. I will go out my way to help someone, hate bad manners, poor selfish driving, arrogance, ignorance, and LITTER.

I have been known to tell someone if they just throw litter on the floor, and have no issue embarrassing them in a public place if they ignore me. It's just one of those things that pushes my 'rant' button, and something I personally struggle to just ignore like many people do.

This was the sight that greeted me about a mile from my house where I often walk my dog.
This lay-by is in full view of a reasonably well used road, and a very common place to dump the odd fridge, or sack of rubbish. This however is the worst i've seen around here for a long time. It staggers me that not only is it a huge amount of general house waste, but 2 loads, meaning either 2 vehicles, or 2 separate runs from the same place. It wasn't there yesterday afternoon, and is now.
I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older, or if it's a general breakdown in modern society with a minority of certain people that feel it's perfectly acceptable to behave in such a vile way. To take the time to bag up, load up and drive out into the beautiful countryside, and just dump their crap, knowing full well it's then someone else's problem. These scumbags won't pay to have the rubbish removed, and I bet they rant and rave when our council taxes are constantly rising because of things like this. It's behaviour like this that makes me extremely sad for the future of this amazing country.

View attachment 34398

I hope the perpetrators of this despicable act have an awful New Years Eve.
Hey Tourer don't knock it...We make our living by clearing up after these ankers!
At least it's all in one place and not spread all over the country.
Scourge of society !!!

my partners family are farmers, and the amount of SH*TTTTT they get thrown into there dykes, and onto there land which they have to clear up themselves because the council dont "own the land" is ridiculous!!! costs them so much money.

Thread ressurection... I've been on hold for 15 minutes waiting to speak to someone in the council to confirm whether my van can be classed as a car because it has a pop top fitted and no bulkhead.
I could put the stuff in the back of my Jimny but I'd have to do 3 trips and with the having to book a slot scenario I can see that being a pain in the ass.

When I phoned the council they insisted I needed a permit despite it having 8 seats, windows all around, classed as a car with DVLA and no sign writing business names on the sides.

Duly applied for said permit and carry it in the van. I’ve never been asked for it once!

On the litter topic, I’d just come off the M69 joining the A5 and stopped at the lights there was litter everywhere. It was disgusting! My parents always had the attitude of take your rubbish home, so instilled in me!!

Thread ressurection... I've been on hold for 15 minutes waiting to speak to someone in the council to confirm whether my van can be classed as a car because it has a pop top fitted and no bulkhead.
I could put the stuff in the back of my Jimny but I'd have to do 3 trips and with the having to book a slot scenario I can see that being a pain in the ass.
Sad, but they are just encouraging fly-tipping!

It is classed as a car...and this is my reasoning why.

Category B - if you passed your test on or after 1 January 1997. You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg MAM with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).

What would happen if you just turn up? I went to my local tip in my as yet big standard panel van, asked the staff about which skip my stuff went in but none of them batted an eyelid it was a van.

What would happen if you just turn up? I went to my local tip in my as yet big standard panel van, asked the staff about which skip my stuff went in but none of them batted an eyelid it was a van.
It depends on who you get and whether they have had their jobsworth training or not.

We have the ridicules situation where our closest tip is in the next county.
I went to Screwfix and the tip is next door so I went in to throw a couple of bits as I was there.
Now our local tip guys are always looking for items that can be reused etc. so whilst I was throwing my bits I said to the guy, this is working, do you want it?
He said no, just throw it, I foolishly said, Oh the guys at Horsley keep things like this. He immediately said, Horsley! where do you live? and from that point, I was banned!
No matter how much I tried to reason with him over the reasons I should be able to tip there, he was having none of it.
They have number plate reading signs and now it flags me up and demands I go to the office if I ever try and sneak in there now.

Our local county tip is appointment only at the moment and you have to pay for certain items like glass. Also need another permit for paint.

The tip in the city - no appointment, glass is free and no permit for paint! Having changed several double glazing units at home guess where I went with SWMBOs car loaded to the gunnels, including a paint clear out.

There was a program on TV a couple of weeks ago about recycling and there are 50+ sets of rules in place with local councils about what they will and won’t recycle and different coloured bins that mean different things in different places - its not rocket science - surely one set of rules is simple to agree and implement so everyone understands (maybe two sets because Scotland always have to be very slightly different to England)

Well thats my rant over - I know local authorities have some serious responsibilities in their remit, safegarding vulnerable etc but they could make things easier for themselves!!

They are already aware, but no one to clear it until the New year, which I totally understand.
Seems such a shame that it becomes their problem now, when I can think of far better places the council can spend their time.

There are people who know exactly when the council offices are shut down, I’ve seen trees with a preservation order cut down over the council Christmas break.

It depends on who you get and whether they have had their jobsworth training or not.

We have the ridicules situation where our closest tip is in the next county.
I went to Screwfix and the tip is next door so I went in to throw a couple of bits as I was there.
Now our local tip guys are always looking for items that can be reused etc. so whilst I was throwing my bits I said to the guy, this is working, do you want it?
He said no, just throw it, I foolishly said, Oh the guys at Horsley keep things like this. He immediately said, Horsley! where do you live? and from that point, I was banned!
No matter how much I tried to reason with him over the reasons I should be able to tip there, he was having none of it.
They have number plate reading signs and now it flags me up and demands I go to the office if I ever try and sneak in there now.
“Jobsworth training” - cracked me up!

I daren’t add to this thread as the views I would like to express could get me thrown off this forum - it’s bad enough how I have to bite my tongue when I do visit! (I’m happier now to slip our regular friendly binmen the price of a few pints occasionally to take away “a bit extra”....though, I haven’t tried a sofa or washing-machine yet!!!)

Littering really bugs.

There is a farm gateway near me that gets McDonalds rubbush left in it all the time.
A local resident cleared it up and found the recipt from McDonalds in it.
The local parish council got involved, they contacted the district council, who then contacted the said McDonalds.
The said McDonalds, using the info on the recipt, were able to use that info to pinpoint the car going through thier drive through cctv camera and pass the details back to the council.
The council then contacted the police, who sent out a fixed penalty notice to the cars registered keeper with a £400 fine.
This happend 3 times in one weekend.

Someone had an expensive McDonalds.

Back