A Full On Rant..

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
I'm normally a pretty chilled chap in general. I will go out my way to help someone, hate bad manners, poor selfish driving, arrogance, ignorance, and LITTER.

I have been known to tell someone if they just throw litter on the floor, and have no issue embarrassing them in a public place if they ignore me. It's just one of those things that pushes my 'rant' button, and something I personally struggle to just ignore like many people do.

This was the sight that greeted me about a mile from my house where I often walk my dog.
This lay-by is in full view of a reasonably well used road, and a very common place to dump the odd fridge, or sack of rubbish. This however is the worst i've seen around here for a long time. It staggers me that not only is it a huge amount of general house waste, but 2 loads, meaning either 2 vehicles, or 2 separate runs from the same place. It wasn't there yesterday afternoon, and is now.
I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older, or if it's a general breakdown in modern society with a minority of certain people that feel it's perfectly acceptable to behave in such a vile way. To take the time to bag up, load up and drive out into the beautiful countryside, and just dump their crap, knowing full well it's then someone else's problem. These scumbags won't pay to have the rubbish removed, and I bet they rant and rave when our council taxes are constantly rising because of things like this. It's behaviour like this that makes me extremely sad for the future of this amazing country.

20181231_115414.jpg

I hope the perpetrators of this despicable act have an awful New Years Eve.

Last edited:
Can you report it too the Council? With that much rubbish they maybe able to find evidence of where it came from and prosecute.

Can you report it too the Council? With that much rubbish they maybe able to find evidence of where it came from and prosecute.

They are already aware, but no one to clear it until the New year, which I totally understand.
Seems such a shame that it becomes their problem now, when I can think of far better places the council can spend their time.

Theres got to be something in that pile that could indicate where its from or who they are. a cigarette butt, diesel recipt etc.

Awful & as you say, so indicative on the "something for nowt" attitude of the minority.. I'm guessing, but that strikes me as a cash for clearance job..? Y'know, when there's no tarmac work to be done..

If it helps I now have a photo of a black van parked suspiciously close to the piles of rubbish.

My daughter said people will of seen me parked up at the time, and passed my number plate onto the authorities. :eek::eek:
I said not to worry, everyone knows a T6 has intermitent door locks, and no fool would take the chance of all that rubbish being stuck in their van.

My daughter said people will of seen me parked up at the time, and passed my number plate onto the authorities. :eek::eek:
I said not to worry, everyone knows a T6 has intermitent door locks, and no fool would take the chance of all that rubbish being stuck in their van.
If you have an local enemy you could knock up a bogus letter with their address on and hide it in amongst the rubbish.
Oh I have such an evil mind.:devil:

Clearly the only option for you now is to try and put the rubbish into your van to prove it doesnt all fit. :D

Clearly the only option for you now is to try and put the rubbish into your van to prove it doesnt all fit. :D

I'm not sure my banded steels are rated high enough for wet carpets.

If you have an local enemy you could knock up a bogus letter with their address on and hide it in amongst the rubbish.
Oh I have such an evil mind.:devil:

Brilliant. I didn't think of that.

I would take the time (whilst wearing gloves!) to look for something with an address and if I found it I would start dumping it in there yard a bag at a time! Total scum bags.

OMG thats shocking. I hate litter as well. And blobs of shewing gum all over the pavements in pedestrianised zones.

Only thing is I bet the scum who did this dont pay council tax.

I hate litter louts, fag-end droppers, chewing-gum users and the Macdonalds carpark kids, but maybe if councils lifted their restrictions on whats acceptable at the local dumpit site, this might happen less often...
shrug.gif

I would take the time (whilst wearing gloves!) to look for something with an address and if I found it I would start dumping it in there yard a bag at a time! Total scum bags.
My thoughts exactly I'd also hand the information back to the police.

The one problem with this is if someone has paid for the rubbish to be removed and don't have a waste transfer note from the "registered" waste carrier, they are responsible for the clearing up if their details are found dumped. They could end up paying twice.
It amazes me round here when they go to all the hassle of loading up a mattress and then dumping it on the side of the road, when if they had gone to our local recycle center they help you unload it. Oh well it's a sign of the times I suppose

It’s definitely getting worse. Surrey CC refuse contractors charge for so many things at the local dump now ..... so the piles around get bigger and more frequent ...

The one problem with this is if someone has paid for the rubbish to be removed and don't have a waste transfer note from the "registered" waste carrier, they are responsible for the clearing up if their details are found dumped. They could end up paying twice.
It amazes me round here when they go to all the hassle of loading up a mattress and then dumping it on the side of the road, when if they had gone to our local recycle center they help you unload it. Oh well it's a sign of the times I suppose

I'm not sure about other counties, but in Leicestershire you cannot go to a recycling centre with a van, unless you apply for a permit.
The permit process is the usual government red-taped dozens of questions fiasco, which I guess if you add up the IQ of a handful of these morons that carry out theses crimes, probably explains why they don't go the correct route, which is actually free.

Trouble is now this mess hasn't been cleared up, the pile is actually getting bigger with a few additions obviously from last night :mad:
Sheep mentality springs to mind, but it's not going to ruin today. :)

Back