VW T6.1 Dashboard buttons

iuli256

I have a question regarding dashboard buttons. I have aa VW T6.1 Multivan Highline adapted for wheelchair user, because I'm in wheelchair. I have 2 buttons that i need to add to the dashboard preferably. One is for the inverter used for wheelchair charger and the second button is for the wheelchair locking system.

For the inverter I need an ON/OFF button that is connected to the car contact in order to be sure that when I turn off the engine the power on the inverter is cut to avoid draining the battery by mistake.

For the locking system need to be a PUSH button because the purpose of this button is to send send a small signal to the locking system and after that the locking system will unlock for 10 seconds , just enough to be able to move the chair.

On the dashboard on left side of gearbox i have window heating and mode buttons and on left of them there are 2 un used spot where I was thinking to put the 2 buttons but my issue is that I do not know where i can buy extra buttons that will fit there.

Would you be willing to guide me on finding the right buttons? I can give you any extra information's you would need in order to be able to help me just let me know what info you need?

In the image are marked the places where i want to add the new buttonsWhatsApp Image 2024-03-17 at 14.46.47.jpeg

You just need to get 2 inserts for your spare(currently not used) buttons.
On MQB(like your T6.1) all required electronics including micro switches and illumination and indication LEDs are present for all switches within one module (set/raw of switches).
Have a look below at the video done by Mateusz on his Golf MK7 (also MQB).
Exactly same principle applies to all T6.1.
And all inserts are the same for all T6.1 dash buttons.
If you have Start/Stop disable module installed, you can recuperate one insert as you don't need to press S/S button anymore.

Edit:
The available output pin for each button microswitch produces GND when depressed. This can be used for activating any FLIP-FLOP relay module (aka latching relay).

You just need to get 2 inserts for your spare(currently not used) buttons.
On MQB(like your T6.1) all required electronics including micro switches and illumination and indication LEDs are present for all switches within one module (set/raw of switches).
Have a look below at the vide done by Mateusz on his Golf MK7 (also MQB).
Exactly same principle applies to all T6.1.
And all inserts are the same for all T6.1 dash buttons.
If you have Start/Stop disable module installed, you can recuperate one insert as you don't need to press S/S button anymore.

Edit:
The available output pin for each button microswitch produces GND when depressed. This can be used for activating any cheaper FLIP-FLOP relay module (aka latching relay).
Thank you very much @Robert . Do you have a link or something toward a store from where i can buy inserts?

The switches are done on banks so you would have to replace the top 2 as a pair and the bottom 2 as a pair but each pair just clicks in/out as a replacement
Obviously the id/logo would be wrong but top left would be wlan/bluetooth button and bottom left is not clear ?

I cant quite make out if you have the silver strip in between your buttons as you have drawn over it but the options are below

Top slot with silver bar
1710941253413.png

Top slot with black bar
1710941290176.png

Bottom slot
1710941462782.png

There may be other options in other slots depending what factory kit you have ?

There may be other options in other slots depending what factory kit you have ?
Hi @Pauly, this is the clear image with the buttons. The fact that the symbols will be wrong for the left side would not be a big issue as long as it work as intended. But the question is from where i can buy them and also a wiring diagram would be helpfull
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 17.44.52.jpeg

The switches are done on banks so you would have to replace the top 2 as a pair and the bottom 2 as a pair but each pair just clicks in/out as a replacement
Obviously the id/logo would be wrong but top left would be wlan/bluetooth button and bottom left is not clear ?

I cant quite make out if you have the silver strip in between your buttons as you have drawn over it but the options are below

Top slot with silver bar
View attachment 233698

Top slot with black bar
View attachment 233700

Bottom slot
View attachment 233701
This I think is the top module Switch module satin black/alum but i don't know the bottom module which number it has

They are VW parts so any VW dealer will supply them or there are plenty of online parts retailers if you dont have a VW dealer in your area

Yes the part you listed above looks correct but the part numbers for the lower buttons are not clear ?

What about any other switch banks, do you have a couple spares by the headlight switch that could be used, that may be an easier/cheaper option ?

They are VW parts so any VW dealer will supply them or there are plenty of online parts retailers if you dont have a VW dealer in your area

Yes the part you listed above looks correct but the part numbers for the lower buttons are not clear ?

What about any other switch banks, do you have a couple spares by the headlight switch that could be used, that may be an easier/cheaper option ?
This is the clear image of the buttons, from what i have understood for the top buttons where is the heater for window i think i need to by 7LA 927 211 and i can use the WLAN button for wheelchair unlock but it is not clear for me what is the code for the bottom area where is the MODE button. Do you know what i should search?
Also I do not know what exactly module to search because i have notice that there are some with black/alum or black/grey

could you guide me a little bit please?
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 17.44.51.jpeg

There are two styles of buttons, one with the metal strip likes yours which is black/alum and the other type has a black bar through the middle

The parts catalogue is unclear on the bottom buttons which part you require and what it actually represents ?

Do you have any other switch banks with spaces in ? What about the buttons by the headlight switch, any blanks there ?

from the catalog i understand that for the top buttons i should use 7LA 927 211D WZU which is the module with wlan/bluetooth, windscreen heater but for the bottom module i do not see any options that have 2 buttons means MODE and something else...

could you help me on that?

Regarding your question about using other buttons this might be tricky because all the buttons that are on my visual area are used and i can not disable any of those

Top slot with silver bar
View attachment 233698

Top slot with black bar
View attachment 233700

Bottom slot
View attachment 233701
Hello ... can you share the link to parts catalog?! pls

I use partslink24 but it’s subscription access

Thanks a lot ... but one day access cost like one day in wellness.

I need to check 2 parts ... I'm not really sure with partnumers. (black/chrome)

1, 7LA927202???WHS ESP/MWL

2, 7LA927211K ... is it really "MODE" button like on picture upper?

Yah ... right, doesn't work for my VIN, but I found my model ... I have to chcek on workstation, because small display, but it looks like solution ... thanks a lot
Unfortunately the free version doesn't do the VIN based search.

Back