First post on this amazing forum and needing some advise please..... I've finally got some Canteras and 15mm H&R spacers but not sure what locking wheels nuts I need (spec/length etc) .... I'm assuming the std OEM locking w/n's won't be long enough for the rears with the spacers fillted.....Any advise pls ?

First post on this amazing forum and needing some advise please..... I've finally got some Canteras and 15mm H&R spacers but not sure what locking wheels nuts I need (spec/length etc) .... I'm assuming the std OEM locking w/n's won't be long enough for the rears with the spacers fillted.....Any advise pls ?
I used OEM lockers on the front but on the rear with the spacers I just used the longer bolts that came with them - no lockers on rear.

As @coullstar says - not sure I’d bother buying any specifically.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Thank you for the advise, I will put some pics up when there on.
I've gone with Pirelli Powergy 255 45 19 - 104, hopefully a good choice.

I used OEM lockers on the front but on the rear with the spacers I just used the longer bolts that came with them - no lockers on rear.

As @coullstar says - not sure I’d bother buying any specifically.

View attachment 233659
@t6blo .. hope you dont mind me asking but any idea of your 'actual' drop there from std,....?? looks amazing and just the stance i'm looking for ..
I was planning on buying So Low NSL and have them set about 70mm, are you more than that ?

@t6blo .. hope you dont mind me asking but any idea of your 'actual' drop there from std,....?? looks amazing and just the stance i'm looking for ..
I was planning on buying So Low NSL and have them set about 70mm, are you more than that ?
Of course not. We love to talk about our vans on here so ask away :thumbsup:

I have STX coilovers fitted and rear adjuster deletes. It is probably about 70-75mm.
If I was buying them again I would buy SoLow NSL instead.

To get the STX this low I am running the front on their max drop and have had to mess about with the rear by removing the adjusters. The van drives well but I am told the front would perform much better if it wasn’t max’d out and obviously the rear springs wouldn’t flop about when jacking up the van.

The NSL range is 70-95 so I could comfortably go to 80-85 without maxing it out or messing around. If you had them at 70 then they are probably very comfy.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

straight on, same bolts; spacers will depend on tyre size, both aspect profile & Width; and your view on aesthetics. The Amarok tyres are too large in circumference (255/55/19 - I think); I would go with 255/45/19 or 235/50/19. Both are about 3.5% larger in rolling radius/ gearing.
255= 15mm front spacers/25mm-30mm rear spacers
235 = 25mm all round spacers or slightly larger on the rear.
My choice would be Michelin Cross Climates SUV 235/50/19
Michelin Tyres / All Season SUV 4x4 / Michelin CrossClimate SUV Cross Climate SUV - 235/50 R19 103W XL TL Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 70dB All Season - Four Season - All Weather - SUV/4x4 Tyres - 19" R19" - 235/50/19, 235/50R19

I just love All-season tyres :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hello. Which manufacturer spacers do you use ? Thank you

So, after
Hello. Which manufacturer spacers do you use ? Thank you
I recently bought the the 15mm H&R spacers, purely becuase my binary mind liked the the TUV approval.
Having trawled this thread I know the PCD products come highly recommended and less than half the price of H&R

Canteras.jpg

Finally got the wheels cleaned and out of the house before imminent death. A few tiny marks here and there but I think they look great and all factory finish.

So here’s my concern. I’ve already bought a set of So Low NSL’s and planned on having them set on their highest setting. Some say that’s a 65mm drop, others 70mm, as per the manufacturers specification.

Second part of the equation, the wheels are now shod with new Pirelli 255/45 104 XL and the rears will be sat on 15mm spacers. Van is a T30 Kombi so I probably could of dropped to 245/102’s I guess ?

My main concern is that my wheel/tyre choice (255) is oversized for my proposed 70mm drop.. They look massive (height) when placed against the original Claytons. I’m now thinking I should of gone with the 245’s which will have a rolling radius closer to OEM and no doubt look a lower profile. I guess they will be as a percentage of the tyre width.

What about the 5.5% speedo inaccuracy over the original Claytons (205/65/16’s).

Capture.JPG

So, am I good to go, over thinking it, sending the NSL’s back, or loosing a load of money swapping the zero mile tyres for 245 ?

Any help or assurances would be much appreciated ..

I have this size tyre and it puts the Speedo at almost exactly the same as a GPS app readout (spot on at 30, 1 mph under at 70) so that should be ok, you have just lost all your safety margin when going through cameras. This is verses a free iPhone gps app and I guess the error in the Speedo can be different.
Having had 16” wheels on over winter I think it is a noticeable challenge to the gearing with bigger wheels/tyres though, it’s ok but I think it was happier with the std sized tyres. (102bhp manual)

View attachment 235558

Finally got the wheels cleaned and out of the house before imminent death. A few tiny marks here and there but I think they look great and all factory finish.

So here’s my concern. I’ve already bought a set of So Low NSL’s and planned on having them set on their highest setting. Some say that’s a 65mm drop, others 70mm, as per the manufacturers specification.

Second part of the equation, the wheels are now shod with new Pirelli 255/45 104 XL and the rears will be sat on 15mm spacers. Van is a T30 Kombi so I probably could of dropped to 245/102’s I guess ?

My main concern is that my wheel/tyre choice (255) is oversized for my proposed 70mm drop.. They look massive (height) when placed against the original Claytons. I’m now thinking I should of gone with the 245’s which will have a rolling radius closer to OEM and no doubt look a lower profile. I guess they will be as a percentage of the tyre width.

What about the 5.5% speedo inaccuracy over the original Claytons (205/65/16’s).

View attachment 235559

So, am I good to go, over thinking it, sending the NSL’s back, or loosing a load of money swapping the zero mile tyres for 245 ?

Any help or assurances would be much appreciated ..
I am confident that you'll be fine with the proposed set up with 70mm drop.
As for the gearing; admittedly I have 204bhp, but not noted any issues at all since using canteras with 255/45 for 4 years. This includes towing a heavy caravan to southern France on a second vehicle. (With less of a drop, but still fitted with 255/45 R19.)

BTW @SETAO - If you want a comparison in what ride height - Measure the distance from the centre of your hub cap to the top of the wheel arch that will give you a reference.
Most new panel vans are around 460mm - 470 mm front and back when they come out of the factory with standard suspension. After lowering, my camper measures 390 mm at the back and 380mm at the front making my van 70- 80 mm lower than standard.
With thsi setup I've never have any issues whatsoever with Canteras with 255/45 104XL tyres.

Why don't you measure the distance between the centre of the hub and the arches and this will give you a good idea if you will be ok to drop 70mm.

BTW @SETAO - If you want a comparison in what ride height - Measure the distance from the centre of your hub cap to the top of the wheel arch that will give you a reference.
Most new panel vans are around 460mm - 470 mm front and back when they come out of the factory with standard suspension. After lowering, my camper measures 390 mm at the back and 380mm at the front making my van 70- 80 mm lower than standard.
With thsi setup I've never have any issues whatsoever with Canteras with 255/45 104XL tyres.

Why don't you measure the distance between the centre of the hub and the arches and this will give you a good idea if you will be ok to

Why don't you measure the distance between the centre of the hub and the arches and this will give you a good idea if you will be ok to drop 70mm.
Thanks Samro, that is so obvious yet I didn't consider it..
Currently 475R/465F as per your thoughts, so 70mm drop with the NSL's will be spot on where I want to be.

Back