you would think that all the weight you carry it would be t32, especially if 4 motion was chosen

surely flat out is 70 mph as that it the maximum speed limit daveyb / lol

depending upon his weight, it could be 60!
Hope you have a foot pump when you go to Bala ? Im going to let all 4 tyres down and your spare and to top it off throw a loaf of bread on your roof so the seagulls dive bomb ya :rofl::cry: that's for being cheeky:thumbsup:

Hope you have a foot pump when you go to Bala ? Im going to let all 4 tyres down and your spare and to top it off throw a loaf of bread on your roof so the seagulls dive bomb ya :rofl::cry: that's for being cheeky:thumbsup:
That's ok, I'll bring the bike pump - the Mrs could do with the exercise.
Besides you can't blame me; that was what you wrote! I was just quite innocently trying to figure out what you meant.:rolleyes:.

That's ok, I'll bring the bike pump - the Mrs could do with the exercise.
Besides you can't blame me; that was what you wrote! I was just quite innocently trying to figure out what you meant.:rolleyes:.
Enjoy the early morning wake up from the seagulls :rofl:

I love the ride on 20s and b14s.
Not different to 16s if I'm honest.

A decent suspension makes all the difference.

:) No a5cyt just little old 15s on the golf and coilies and you feel every pebble so the t6 feels like I'm floating

Thanks for the advice going for the 18" sportline, some vicious potholes around and getting worse, it cost me an alloy and tyre on my T5, just been offered good price for my Devonports, eibach springs the way forward,
Good choice.
18s are the largest sensible wheel size on a van IMO.

I like the looks of larger wheels, but I will be sticking with the 17" on mine, as tyre choice is limited for my tastes at the moment in the 18/19/20" sizes. Having run weatherproof/all season/all weather directional tread tyres, there is no going back for me. I guess eventually there will be more tyre choice in the larger wheels. If I could get a good aw 255/50/18 tyre I might reconsider.

If I could get a good aw 255/50/18 tyre I might reconsider.

VW lists 2 tyre sizes for 18" wheels, and 255/50/18 isn't either one - the closest is 255/45/18.
Putting the wrong size tyres on the vehicle are just as likely to get you the wrong side of insurance or warranty issues as is putting on the wrong size wheels.

VW lists 2 tyre sizes for 18" wheels, and 255/50/18 isn't either one - the closest is 255/45/18.
Putting the wrong size tyres on the vehicle are just as likely to get you the wrong side of insurance or warranty issues as is putting on the wrong size wheels.
My insurance company is fine with it. There are no 19" or 20" VW T5/6 options, so following your logic all people running those wheels have stuffed their warranty????????? really???????. I cannot think how many people on all the VW T forums would be effected by that.
I run slightly larger rubber because if fills the arches better, and I don't want to lower the suspension. Also I like a bit more side wall rubber. :thumbsup:

all people running those wheels have stuffed their warranty????????? really???????.

My words were that these are both "just as likely to get you the wrong side of insurance or warranty issues" and that's true. Think about it.

If you're VW and someone shows up with an issue around suspension, steering or gearbox which will cost money to put right, and they have 20" wheels fitted - what's the easiest and cheapest option for you? Tell them that it's caused by the bigger, heavier wheels and you're not fixing it. The customer has effectively given you a get-out clause should you choose to take it.

However, if it's a general problem that has also occurred on other vehicles with standard wheels, then they may accept it and fix the issue.

My words were that these are both "just as likely to get you the wrong side of insurance or warranty issues" and that's true. Think about it.

If you're VW and someone shows up with an issue around suspension, steering or gearbox which will cost money to put right, and they have 20" wheels fitted - what's the easiest and cheapest option for you? Tell them that it's caused by the bigger, heavier wheels and you're not fixing it. The customer has effectively given you a get-out clause should you choose to take it.

However, if it's a general problem that has also occurred on other vehicles with standard wheels, then they may accept it and fix the issue.
Most people (not all) on this forum, will fit something to their van that is not VW approved, just read all the posts.
And many people may have a small or large warrantee claim. The facts are that within reason, VW will not dismiss a claim because you have fitted an un approved widget, you may have arguments over fair ware and tear v's faulty components (been there, done that). Do you really believe your own post?, customisation is a big draw to the VW T5/6, imagine all the Camper conversions on here either DIY or 3rd party, all shot their warranties to bits??? No I don't think so, in fact I know so.

Most people (not all) on this forum, will fit something to their van that is not VW approved, just read all the posts.

Don't shoot the messenger.
I have fitted non-standard parts to my van and I will fit more.

But, if I go into VW with a warranty claim then I need to do that with my eyes wide open.
If VW sell a 30mm lower spring kit and I fit a 50mm lower spring kit from elsewhere, of course I need to expect there to be some push back from VW if I go to them with an issue on my shocks - but not if there's an issue with my rear window heater.

Don't shoot the messenger.
I have fitted non-standard parts to my van and I will fit more.

But, if I go into VW with a warranty claim then I need to do that with my eyes wide open.
If VW sell a 30mm lower spring kit and I fit a 50mm lower spring kit from elsewhere, of course I need to expect there to be some push back from VW if I go to them with an issue on my shocks - but not if there's an issue with my rear window heater.
Yes, i understand there is a potential for dispute, it just doesn't seem to happen, and long may that continue.:):):).

I have spoken to a couple VW people about this very issue, what they basically said to me is that although they often try to negate the repair cost initially for a flat out refusal from VW they would have to prove that your fault was a direct consequence of your modification which would seem is very hard to do.

Back