Any advice on what size to go for on my T6 204 DSG Kombi ( build week 49 )

I have been toying with which size to go for , was also planning to lower her using B14`S

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Any advice on what size to go for on my T6 204 DSG Kombi ( build week 49 )

I have been toying with which size to go for , was also planning to lower her using B14`S

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

with B14's , 20" look amazing in my opinion :)

What are you using it for. work or just messing around in because I'm not sure I'd want 20" wheels on a lowered van if I was using it for work everyday

in all fairness, I've always had 20's on my vans, as long as the wheels are weight rated and the tyres are extra load, then all good, but I understand what you are saying,
each to their own I guess:)

Just watch that those tyres are load rated i.e. Correct number not just extra loaded i.e. XL.

It's really down to how you want it to look.
With the proper tyre and size it will ride spot on with 18s, 19s and 20s.

Mine is a daily driver, 25k a year. I have ran all the sizes, I actually found 19s with 275/40 to ride the best.
I'm up and down customers drives, kerbs etc. No dirt tracks. Tarmac roads is my limit.

I'm putting 20s on my new van. Can't comment yet on how it will ride but the tyre wall size is identical to my car and that rides perfectly. 275/35 on the new van against my cars 245/40.

Yet most vans will occasionally need to access a building site/campsite/go up a rough track/mount a small kerb/whatever - that's what vans are for; versatile, do it all vehicles. If you have to avoid the listed "situations" because you have unsuitable wheels, then you have taken away a bit chunk of that versatility. Added to that, you make it less comfortable, prone to tram lining, your wheels will be weaker and heavier (reducing performance), you'll create more drag, skew the mpg, put more strain on the gearbox.

But at least it'll look good (to a small minority )... ;)

Stick to 18s - it makes SO much more sense.

It's really down to how you want it to look.
With the proper tyre and size it will ride spot on with 18s, 19s and 20s.

Mine is a daily driver, 25k a year. I have ran all the sizes, I actually found 19s with 275/40 to ride the best.
I'm up and down customers drives, kerbs etc. No dirt tracks. Tarmac roads is my limit.

I'm putting 20s on my new van. Can't comment yet on how it will ride but the tyre wall size is identical to my car and that rides perfectly. 275/35 on the new van against my cars 245/40.

I agree totally, they all ride nice, it is purely down to what you like, I have made some mistakes over the last 14 years of T ownership with regards to wheels and tyres and also suspension, but as long as they are the proper weight rated wheels and tyres then there will be no issues, having fitted bilstein coilovers and wheels rated at 855kg per corner with proper weight rated tyres, there is nowhere you couldn't take my van (but as rattyMcClelland says, tarmac roads is also my limit) as it would be for any of my cars or bikes :)

I found bigger wheels more comfortable, lighter than my 17" banded steels.

It all comes down to how you use the vehicle. To me it's not a van. It's a big car with storage that I work out the back of.

I'm currently looking for my first house to buy. I will only take a house with a driveway space for 2 vehicles and cannot be inclined, steep etc as neither the car which is super low or the van will get on it.
That's when you know something's wrong with life....... your van cannot get into the drive because it's many low.

Evening chaps :)

Thanks for all the great feedback ... My van is going to be used purely as a work van so need to get the style v`s comfort balance right
I will be doing a fair amount of motorway miles which will probably be about 30k per year.

Finally found time to sort new alloys, was thinking 18" new sportline but I'm being told I can't get the same load rated 107 only 103 for my T32, worried if I put 20" rims on the ride will harden up as I'm putting lowering kit on at same time, anyone help ?

I'm running 20s with eibach 50mm race line springs very comfortable ride to be honest as long as you keep away from pot holes.
I've had cars lowered and feel every bump but would recommend the eibachs haven't tried any of the others but some of the lads on here are using h&r springs , if you have mega wads of cash to spend then go for the bilstein b14 adjustable height coil overs spouse to be very very good ;) van style supply and fit for free.
Think you can get 30mm 40mm and 50s in eibachs all depends on your surrounding roads

I've got 20" wheels and 30 mm eibach springs, smooth as you like , it's a T32 with 1050 wolfrace aero's

Sportline are STD on the sportline van & Kombi and that is a T32, I run sportline wheels on my Cali :)

Back