£99.00 Bed That Fits a SWB Kombi Perfectly

I’ve fitted it, then turned it round so we have a seating area for Volksfling this weekend as we’re not staying over.

This should be able to be made into a bed behind the standard kombi seats in a lwb shouldn't it?

Mine is a swb so cant categorically say.
Measurements on the IKEA website though. In a swb I get 500mm at the bottom and 100mm where your head is when the bed is fully down.

So picked up one of these beds tonight. Can’t believe how light it is! However at the minute it doesn’t fit. My wheel arches are carpeted and so it might be just a tad too tight. However I am going to tease it with a ratchet strap tomorrow to tweak it a bit. Might also enlarge the holes or slot them in the side bars which might just give me that little bit more as well. Fingers crossed. Once it fits between the wheel arches I’ll see if it fits with the seats in. Again fingers crossed.

So picked up one of these beds tonight. Can’t believe how light it is! However at the minute it doesn’t fit. My wheel arches are carpeted and so it might be just a tad too tight. However I am going to tease it with a ratchet strap tomorrow to tweak it a bit. Might also enlarge the holes or slot them in the side bars which might just give me that little bit more as well. Fingers crossed. Once it fits between the wheel arches I’ll see if it fits with the seats in. Again fingers crossed.
Alan
Take the rear cross bar off as this allows the frame to flex slightly, and allows storage underneath

Reeto, day off today so am going to get it fitted then got an engine to sort lol
Alan, if you have a SWB the front of the bed sits about 50mm in front of the lashing point at the bottom of the passenger seat belt bolt. If this is correct then the rear of the bed flexes enough to fit perfectly.

Took both off for now. It only seems to fit one way but it does fit and on a LWB kombi you can leave the seats in and it just fits and the rear tailgate closes

7432B8FF-21E9-4B56-AA35-C673461F68A3.jpeg

54DB75EE-4061-4985-A569-611F4F90B82D.jpeg

E36D497B-8F73-4F39-8A29-80832B25F550.jpeg

So final mod was to cut 1.5cm out of one of the bars just to add some rigidity back to it. Now can have it either way if sitting on it but only goes in one way for sleeping. What a cracking idea guys. I picked it up off ebay for £25 too so bargain :thumbsup: I have a spare futon mattress as well so if it isn’t comfy I can put that on. Really happy. Am amazed how light it is as well. Easily lift it to move it about. The tool chest and other bits will go behind it for a race weekend which is a winner!!

3371BCE8-21BB-4D48-ABE0-14DFA875C6DC.jpeg

Alan,
Fantastic.....cracking photos too. We use the IKEA memory foam topper...more expensive than the bloody bed !

We have spent about 3 weeks sleeping on ours in total and its perfect. Long live IKEA !!

Alan,
Fantastic.....cracking photos too. We use the IKEA memory foam topper...more expensive than the bloody bed !

We have spent about 3 weeks sleeping on ours in total and its perfect. Long live IKEA !!

This looks fantastic, thank you so much Danny! Did you get the standard double mattress topper to fit on it? Thank you

Thank you so much Danny for telling us about your discovery. Sofa bed now fitted along with a mattress topper (bought a small double size from amazon which was the perfect size) and all set for our next trip away. Love it!!

E4CAC622-58C5-422D-A511-388C5A894B00.jpeg

Visit to Ikea today to get one of these beds and a mattress topper, thanks to Danny for the tip. Photos below. One thing, can you let me know the type of useful storage boxes please, as the link didn't work and want to get the right ones.

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

Back