£99.00 Bed That Fits a SWB Kombi Perfectly

Visit to Ikea today to get one of these beds and a mattress topper, thanks to Danny for the tip. Photos below. One thing, can you let me know the type of useful storage boxes please, as the link didn't work and want to get the right ones.

View attachment 45828

View attachment 45829

View attachment 45830

View attachment 45831

View attachment 45832

View attachment 45833
50 ltr I believe. Will confirm tomorrow.
Currently entering our 2nd week touring Europe and using this bed and it is super comfy. We do have a mattress topper on which certainly helps.

Visit to Ikea today to get one of these beds and a mattress topper, thanks to Danny for the tip. Photos below. One thing, can you let me know the type of useful storage boxes please, as the link didn't work and want to get the right ones.

View attachment 45828

View attachment 45829

View attachment 45830

View attachment 45831

View attachment 45832

View attachment 45833
Hi bud. Brilliant example again. Cracking photos...what's not to like about this bed set up for £99.00?
The boxes are 50ltr "really useful box company" boxes as @Lord Mfwic says. You can get 2 fully under the bed and another 2 75% under the bed. I use 4.
Have a good night's kip pal.

Thanks both, got the boxes sorted now. It was a bargain bed, until... we needed thermal blinds to go with it, oh and then had to get a driveaway awning and various other accessories. Committed now lol. We have a mattress topper too, I can’t imagine sleeping on the thin thing that comes with the bed.

Funny enough, we slept on the normal supplied mattress for 2 nights and it was ok....we decided against it though for any longer, plus we are used to an IKEA memory mattress at home so knew the topper would be similar. For reference, we leave the original one on and use the topper as well, not just a topper.
How about an "IKEA bed meet up" ??? Get to know a few names face to face and also let others see them in the flesh, fitted.

Hi all great idea this bed (replaces the heavyweight Ikea lycksele that was all the rage for the T5 ) but does anybody find there is no support down the centre. If so how have you overcome this ?

Hi all great idea this bed (replaces the heavyweight Ikea lycksele that was all the rage for the T5 ) but does anybody find there is no support down the centre. If so how have you overcome this ?
We put a single sleeping bag down the middle under the mattress topper. Worked a treat.:thumbsup:

So final mod was to cut 1.5cm out of one of the bars just to add some rigidity back to it. Now can have it either way if sitting on it but only goes in one way for sleeping. What a cracking idea guys. I picked it up off ebay for £25 too so bargain :thumbsup: I have a spare futon mattress as well so if it isn’t comfy I can put that on. Really happy. Am amazed how light it is as well. Easily lift it to move it about. The tool chest and other bits will go behind it for a race weekend which is a winner!!

View attachment 44369

Hi, which bar did you cut 1.5 cm off?
I have mine in a lwb but had to take all the cross bars off to fit. As the back bar would touch the rear seats, middle bar was too much of a squeeze with the wheel arches and the bar closest to the rear door was taken off for storage.

Hi, which bar did you cut 1.5 cm off?
I have mine in a lwb but had to take all the cross bars off to fit. As the back bar would touch the rear seats, middle bar was too much of a squeeze with the wheel arches and the bar closest to the rear door was taken off for storage.

I cut the cross bar out. I left one off so I can get some storage boxes. It was the back one I cut as I have left the bed in settee mode but facing the back door so can sit in it. I found that then turning it around and then making it a bed just fits in. It touches the seats and the rear door but it does just fit

Reactions: LDZ
Well, I joined the IKEA bed owner's group today.
Fitted into my SWB Kombi but unfortunately I can't get the bed flat with the seats in position, the only way I can do it is to only have the two outer ones in the van (my rear seats are 1:1:1) and take them off the floor mounts and lay them on their sides behind the front seats so the bottom of the bed fits between the legs of the seats pointing towards the rear of the van (if you see what I mean)
I tried it with one crossbar taken out but the base fabric went so slack I didn't think it would be comfortable, so I replaced the crossbar then made four cuts through the tubing an inch below the crossbars of the rear lower section with a jigsaw, about 2/3rds of the way through the tubes so the bottom rails can bend inwards a little and they now fit between the wheel arches and the bed fabric is still taught because the crossbar is in place.
I'm off to the Volkspower show this weekend at Redcar if anyone is going.

Back