Kombi seats out Rib seat in ?

Panch

T6 Pro
Is removing my rear kombi seats and fitting a 130 or 150 rib or titan seat a bad move ?
Or are you better of leaving the kombi standard for when it comes to re sale
At the moment we are struggling to sort a comfortable sleeping system with our van
Thanks

What are you using for sleeping ATM?

We currently using an ovano bed board(,with SIM), kombi seats in or out. No pop top....yet.

But will swap to a rib after getting the Pop top

IMG-20230815-WA0005.jpg20230820_142430.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @Dellmassive
At the moment we have a pull out bench / bed ( like a VF unit ) with a outdoor revolution king
Mattress
The thing that puts me off the big kombi sleeping systems is, if the weather is rubbish you can’t just sit comfortably in the van.
Ideally I would like a set up which you don’t always need an awning
Panch

You got a pop top?
A rib might make more sence for a quick seat/bed option.

No pop top
Are you impressed with the ovano ?
With your system do you always need an awning?
Also , I’m still new to the Vw life, would you think removing the kombi seats and fitting a rib bed could be an issue when selling in the future.
Thanks for your advice

Re awning it depends what you take and how long your staying.

But normally take some sort of awning.

Rib is a popular upgrade, and you will be able to sell on the kombi seats.

You got windows in the back then?

No just the the 2 front side windows.

That’s a good point about windows, it could be dark sat at the back with a rib seat

It’s virtually a standard highline kombi, with leisure battery and electrics installed plus swivel passenger seat

Some ppl get the slide rails for the rib,

So you can slide them forward.

You can use roof lights to make it brighter.

20230916_080353.jpg

20230916_080402.jpg

Some ppl get the slide rails for the rib,

So you can slide them forward.

You can use roof lights to make it brighter.

View attachment 213942

20230916_080402.jpg

Have a look at the van furniture kombi system, I find when we have a one night stop and don’t bother with the awning we can use the two kombi seats then fold them down to make the bed with all our stuff in the front foot wells or under the bed, it’s pretty cheap as well but you need to get cushions. I have 4 cushions, two being the same width as the seats so they flip over - excuse the mess in the first photo but it gives you an idea, the second show the platform 13D465DF-A727-46D2-9438-A94BC72DA0E8.jpeg
8D89AD80-6838-47B1-A271-20DB51774BDF.jpeg

I am in the same predicament as yourself. I am in the process of ordering a RIB 150 to replace my kombi 3 seat bench. Gives me a comfortable sleeping option that isn’t much of a pain to fold up should seating be required, also allows me to keep using my isofix base for my lad.

We’re opting for a ply guys kitchen pod and detachable table to be placed in front of the RIB also, the idea is that we have a comfortable option should no awning be set up or we’re on for a quick stop over.

Fingers crossed it all fits in a SWB

I am in the same predicament as yourself. I am in the process of ordering a RIB 150 to replace my kombi 3 seat bench. Gives me a comfortable sleeping option that isn’t much of a pain to fold up should seating be required, also allows me to keep using my isofix base for my lad.

We’re opting for a ply guys kitchen pod and detachable table to be placed in front of the RIB also, the idea is that we have a comfortable option should no awning be set up or we’re on for a quick stop over.

Do you mind me asking whats the price of the 150 and from who ?
Thanks

We do this quire alot for customers. Downfall is you can't just remove the Rib bed if needed as a van. But having a bed is a big plus point.
We would fit factory glass if required on the rear quarters to keep the tint matching.

Is removing my rear kombi seats and fitting a 130 or 150 rib or titan seat a bad move ?
Or are you better of leaving the kombi standard for when it comes to re sale
At the moment we are struggling to sort a comfortable sleeping system with our van
Thanks
We're doing this at the moment.

We had a triple in the kombi position for a while, but soon realised we needed more room in the van. I then fitted the triple in the rear most position which gave is plenty of floor space. Having lived with that for a while, but having now bed, we decided on a full width r&r bed. We think this gives us the best solution as we have plenty of floor space, 3 belted seats and a bed.

We're doing this at the moment.

We had a triple in the kombi position for a while, but soon realised we needed more room in the van. I then fitted the triple in the rear most position which gave is plenty of floor space. Having lived with that for a while, but having now bed, we decided on a full width r&r bed. We think this gives us the best solution as we have plenty of floor space, 3 belted seats and a bed.
Which r and r bed did you go for ?

We have now decided to go for a full width bed
What’s people’s preferences on manufacturers regardless of price with these 3

1/ Rib
2/ Titan
3/ Rusty Lee

Thanks
Panch

Hi did you end up ordering a rib 150 ? And have you sat on one in a van without a pop top

That’s ours the day it was fitted, no pop top. I’ve sat in the back as a passenger a few times, headroom is fine

IMG_1672.jpeg

Back