£99.00 Bed That Fits a SWB Kombi Perfectly

Morning bud. we have to take our Kombi seats out all together. Then again there s only the 2 of us when we go touring.
The rear crossbar comes out no problem without any of the material going slack.....and this provides the storage space underneath for 4 x 50ltr plastic boxes.

Daft question, I've got the IKEA bed and an lwb T6 kombi, should I be able to have the 2nd row of seats in and get the sofa bed fully flat?

If so which way should it go - seat back of sofa bed towards the front or back of the van?

Thanks in advance

Daft question, I've got the IKEA bed and an lwb T6 kombi, should I be able to have the 2nd row of seats in and get the sofa bed fully flat?

If so which way should it go - seat back of sofa bed towards the front or back of the van?

Thanks in advance
Not sure about keeping the seats in mate, ours is a SWB, it would be good if you could test your theory though and let us know, including any info on room to spare etc. Or not as the case may be.
We have ours facing the front so when we sleep our heads are near the tailgate.
In this case the rear cross bar is best out as it allows the bed to flex the 2 or 3mm it needs to fit between the arches, this also allows access to the underneath for your boxes.
Don't forget the photos once in.
Installation will take 5 mins once built.

I have bought one but changed my mind and looking at another option. If anyone would like it it’s open to best offer, it’s brand new never used and set up ready to go????

I have bought one but changed my mind and looking at another option. If anyone would like it it’s open to best offer, it’s brand new never used and set up ready to go????
If you sign up as a VIP for a small fee you can advertise it. I'm sure there will be someone interested:thumbsup:

I agree with @Peatey , VIP also has many other benefits. I have one of these Ikea beds and with a mattress topper it offers a great nights sleep.
I've no doubt you would easily sell it on here.
I would also be interested to learn more about your other option. Is it a removable bed or are you looking at going for a fixed R&R?

I agree with @Peatey , VIP also has many other benefits. I have one of these Ikea beds and with a mattress topper it offers a great nights sleep.
I've no doubt you would easily sell it on here.
I would also be interested to learn more about your other option. Is it a removable bed or are you looking at going for a fixed R&R?
Hey, to be honest I did the same and bought a mattress topper too. We soon realised if we put this straight on to base of van(we have a soft Vw base already) It is adequate for us as we like our beds firm.
The bed isn’t really right for us, that’s all.
I have a Lwb, me and the wife sleep behind the kombi seats comfortably and I put a shorty mattress across the Kombi seats with a long foot stool in the footwell so it doesn’t fall down and the two kids sleep there!
It works like a dream for us, full 8hrs
Who needs s pop top and r&r.....

Hey, to be honest I did the same and bought a mattress topper too. We soon realised if we put this straight on to base of van(we have a soft Vw base already) It is adequate for us as we like our beds firm.
I have a Lwb, me and the wife sleep behind the kombi seats comfortably and I put a shorty mattress across the Kombi seats with a long foot stool in the footwell so it doesn’t fall down and the two kids sleep there!
Might build a platform so we are raised only to add more storage underneath but as of yet we haven’t needed to.

It would be good if you recline the rear seats to make a small double somehow for the kids and you 2 on the floor would have your legs partially under the reclined bit of the bench????
A 4 berth with very little adjustments.

Another question...did you try the seat/bed in with the seats still in place? Did the bed fully open? @Strettyp was asking the question further up the thread.

It would be good if you recline the rear seats to make a small double somehow for the kids and you 2 on the floor would have your legs partially under the reclined bit of the bench????
A 4 berth with very little adjustments.
Just going off thread slightly.
Is there a way to recline the rear seats?
Mine is a 2 + 1 arrangement.

Hi guys,

I’m new to the forum and someone in a garage told me about this thread. Can’t believe how good this bed works and to be honest it’s absolutely genius on your behalf Danny. I’m going to try it out this weekend with the mrs and kids so can’t wait. Whoop whoop!!!

30639591-5642-4A53-96CA-0B204EBEEE45.jpeg

E6E9FD53-C699-4BBA-A673-F0A20E477CB4.jpeg

Just going off thread slightly.
Is there a way to recline the rear seats?
Mine is a 2 + 1 arrangement.[/Q
Hi guys,

I’m new to the forum and someone in a garage told me about this thread. Can’t believe how good this bed works and to be honest it’s absolutely genius on your behalf Danny. I’m going to try it out this weekend with the mrs and kids so can’t wait. Whoop whoop!!!

View attachment 50195

View attachment 50196
CraigyC...welcome pal.
Thanks for the comments, you'll find the forum is full of bright ideas mate, some applicable to you and others not. This one has been great for loads of folks so far.
Funnily enough, i went round to a mates house last night who has just had a £15k conversion done on his van, i had no idea he was even buying a van until i saw it last night. Anyway he commented how crap his bed was in comfort and operation...i let him see ours and he agreed it was more comfortable and far better value for money as beds go!
Ok, he has all singing and dancing everything else but he couldnt stop going on about his £2000.00 "bed" compared to our £99.00 bed.
Have a look at the storage option underneath too...
Great photos by the way, thats exactly where mine is and your photos show the position better than any other photos iv seen....good reference for others.

Best of luck over the weekend.

Aww thanks Danny.

I’m still making may way through the forum but it does seem to have some amazing and practical ideas.

Wow, I thought the 2k bed would be all singing and dancing too!! 15k conversion sounds amazing though.

Hahaha I know it that’s exactly where yours is because I copied it. Hahaha

We’re going tomorrow to buy some storage boxes so can’t wait to get away.

Thanks for replying and for the amazing thread too.

@Dannyb6467 thank you for this discovery. I just purchased one of these, managed to find an unused second hand one local for £40 and it fits perfect! Im going to cut 15mm out of the middle of the support bars and weld back together as it’s noticeably less rigid once they’re out. Best 40 quid I’ve spent on the van so far!

2B02D185-1573-407A-B493-58C359759F84.jpeg

CFE7C9DF-6D1F-40DC-99FD-F88ABE2A55FF.jpeg

F6B6C5DB-A117-4815-81F7-FD5C160E99E2.jpeg

F966599F-5CD3-42DE-A3C6-B7AA9FD0DB94.jpeg

Back