£99.00 Bed That Fits a SWB Kombi Perfectly

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
As thread suggests.
Now that we have spent 3 weeks of sleeping on the bed I thought it worthy of posting on here.
Got it from Ikea, £99, fitted in 15 minutes literally, fits behind the 2nd row of seats and leaves nearly 2ft of luggage space behind.
To go touring take out the 2nd row of seats, leave the bed folded up for day seating and fold down for night sleeping, when down you have 2ft at the bottom to get changed etc
Ok so not a RIB but it's not £2k either.
Best thing is, you can remove it in 2 minutes flat.20180810_183709.jpg

This could be exactly what we are looking for. Do you have any more pics, mainly how high above the wheel arches as my wife does not want it to high in the van but room for storage underneath which looking at your picture it seems to be perfect. Thanks

M'lord,
The base of the bed sits approx 150mm off the floor. I can get a link for the exact boxes too if you like, 4 of them fit exact and leave floor space at the very back so to speak.
We leave it in all the time as it only weights about 12kg but it's strong as hell.
We often put stuff on the bed if we need more luggage space. We are away at the moment so had 6 suitcases in the back, 2 on the bed and 4 behind it where they should be.
Ps, we do use a topper, the bed was comfy on it's own but just used to memory foam at home so Ikea it was again.

How comfy is it without a topper? We are looking for an interim solution for our Kombi and are going camping next weekend.

It was fine, just not what we were used to at home.
Go for it.....i bed you'll use it more than you think. If not use it at home as a guest bed.

How long is this when it’s fully folded out? Do you have any pictures of it folded out and set up as a bed? I’d like something like this in my SWB but ideally there would be enough room for the dogs to sleep on the van floor between the bed and the Bulkhead......

Matt, not 100% sure of the exact measurements but, look at the bed on IKEA to get the measurements then on the VW dimensions, this will give you the overall left over room. However, i can say with the bed fully folded down, leaving about 50mm at the back near the tailgate or barn door, there is about 18 - 20 inches for the dogs at the feet end.
I cant recommend the bed enough and how easy it fits / folds / removes.

Cheers.

As thread suggests.
Now that we have spent 3 weeks of sleeping on the bed I thought it worthy of posting on here.
Got it from Ikea, £99, fitted in 15 minutes literally, fits behind the 2nd row of seats and leaves nearly 2ft of luggage space behind.
To go touring take out the 2nd row of seats, leave the bed folded up for day seating and fold down for night sleeping, when down you have 2ft at the bottom to get changed etc
Best thing is, you can remove it in 2 minutes flat.View attachment 28766
Hi can you tell me how you fasten it down ? do you use floor anchor points to rear of van ?

Hi can you tell me how you fasten it down ? do you use floor anchor points to rear of van ?
Simple small ratchet strap fastened to the existing anchor points. Not really needed but does stop it rattling against the arches. You can just see it in the 1st photo

Just a word of fitting advice....when the bed is built, don't force it down between the arches (as it is mm perfect) Take out the rear cross bar and leave it out. This will give the bed the small amount of flex it needs and also allows the boxes to be stored underneath.

M'lord,
The base of the bed sits approx 150mm off the floor. I can get a link for the exact boxes too if you like, 4 of them fit exact and leave floor space at the very back so to speak.
We leave it in all the time as it only weights about 12kg but it's strong as hell.
We often put stuff on the bed if we need more luggage space. We are away at the moment so had 6 suitcases in the back, 2 on the bed and 4 behind it where they should be.
Ps, we do use a topper, the bed was comfy on it's own but just used to memory foam at home so Ikea it was again.
Can you send me the link for those boxes that you've got ta
As thread suggests.
Best thing is, you can remove it in 2 minutes flat.View attachment 28766
Can you send me the link for those boxes Danny ta

Back