Who's done the most miles in their T6?

How many miles have you done. (update your mileage at any time)

• Total voters
I’m guessing yours was a Euro 5 (no adblue)?
Any issues in your time with the van?

yep euro 5 140 dsg.

needed a flywheel, oil cooler split and filled gearbox with water at 110k. locking playing up on sliding doors other than that just tyres brakes and servicing.

Reactions: CRD
A friend of mine has just purchased a 2 year old Crafter with 200k on the clock (yes, really) with a view to convert it into a camper, and I got to thinking, who’s got the most miles on here?
There must be some 4 year old vans on here by now, so what have you got on the clock? And conversely, the oldest with the least miles?

I’ll start. March 2016, 83k.

Mines 3 in Feb but won’t get much use before then. Currently on 16.5k, will prob be around 18k by then. Probably one of the lowest on here but I do only use it for camping and nothing else. Saying that, I’ve been touting around for trade in or sale value in case I decide to change, and although I’ve been offered more than I was expecting, each place has commented that the mileage is quite high for a camper! What’s the point in having one if 6000 miles a year is regarded as a lot?

Indeed, what is the point? I have a mate with a very nice, very expensive sports car, tucked away in his garage with less than a hundred miles on the clock. Criminal.

My 2016 Kombi Highline is about to hit 40,000. What sorts of mileage has everyone else done?
I have no choice now as have to use her to travel to Reading 3 times a week,gutted as she was low mileage.
Have you increased service intervals etc if you have started doing higher mileage?

6D0DEB39-B71F-478E-99F5-EA938B06B431.jpeg

Think average mileage is based on 12,000 miles per annum, so yours is still low.

Just so happens my 2016 van has also just reached 40,000 miles. Dont think you'll go wrong using VW long life 3 oil or similar VW 507 spec but changing it every 10,000 to 12,000 miles.

High mileage usually means long journeys. Cold starts cause something like 80% of engine wear, once everything is up to temperature engine wear is minimal if it is serviced properly and regularly.
The main reason to be concerned about your mileage is because it hits resale value, but if you intend to keep it long term, don't worry, enjoy it.

Might depend on if it’s a Euro5 with an oily filler neck or a Euro6 with an emulsified sludge clogged filler neck.
I’ve never heard an engine manufacturer call emulsified oil sludge ‘normal’, it doesn’t make for longevity.

Mines on 74k now, 4 years old in May, still drives like new. Value had plummeted, but hope to keep it for another 6 years, can’t afford a new one, not at £40k :eek:

Back