Who's done the most miles in their T6?

How many miles have you done. (update your mileage at any time)

• Total voters
"Several sets of tyres"? Really? Jesus, I just couldn't plain afford that. I'd have a word with your right foot.

Don't panic. Several sets because i've generally run tyres with soft compounds, and incorrect pressures, plus Summer/Winters. Then saying that, I do only really see 10k per set on 19" tyres as a general rule.

20k first year mostly chasing the surf and a bit of work,I hope I do 20k every year because that will mean I've enjoyed myself,next vehicle will be a mobility scooter.

65 plate and turned 35k this morning.

@Tourershine
The only things that's gone wrong with mine, is a microswitch on a sliding door, which I will change myself when I get time.
What symptom is telling you that there is a micro switch issue? I have a problem with one of my sliding doors in that you double tap the remote to unlock all doors, pull the handle but it won’t open. Is that what you get?
Sometimes it clears after many presses on the remote, other times I just reach through from the front door and trigger the inner handle.

I also get a nutty “lock when reach 10mph” every now and then, in that it locks/ unlocks/ locks/ unlocks constantly like a mad thing when you drive along, and doesn’t stop doing it until you press the buttons on the drivers door.

65 plate and turned 35k this morning.

@Tourershine

What symptom is telling you that there is a micro switch issue? I have a problem with one of my sliding doors in that you double tap the remote to unlock all doors, pull the handle but it won’t open. Is that what you get?
Sometimes it clears after many presses on the remote, other times I just reach through from the front door and trigger the inner handle.

I also get a nutty “lock when reach 10mph” every now and then, in that it locks/ unlocks/ locks/ unlocks constantly like a mad thing when you drive along, and doesn’t stop doing it until you press the buttons on the drivers door.

Exactly as you describe is the same as my issues.
I hadn't taken it into VW to diagnose the problem, I found the answer on here with a few others that had the same problem.

Central Locking Issue.

Thinking about it @DaveyB, if you do end up changing the faulty microswitch before me, can you let me know if it cures the fault. Mine won't be a straight forward job, due to access to the faulty door, so might end up removing the actual door to fit the switch, so don't plan on doing the job anytime soon.

Last edited:
50k this week, all me, began May 2016. Just had a Transit Custom from work, lovely van by the way :whistle:

Managed 10500 since I have had mine and not booked in for it's first service (2 years) but it will need new tyres soom, not impressed with what was fitted to my sportlines. O yes they have the dreaded worm so getting them changed

Managed 10500 since I have had mine and not booked in for it's first service (2 years) but it will need new tyres soom, not impressed with what was fitted to my sportlines. O yes they have the dreaded worm so getting them changed
Alignment was out on mine since i picked it up. Only issue i had (just remembered) was uneven tyre wear. Tyres will last depending on driving conditions and brand of tyre

2yrs old next week and I’ve done 13000 miles. Hasn’t turned a wheel since Nov though.

Edit: tell a lie, it was used to get the Xmas tree from the forest

Exactly as you describe is the same as my issues.
I hadn't taken it into VW to diagnose the problem, I found the answer on here with a few others that had the same problem.

Central Locking Issue.

Thinking about it @DaveyB, if you do end up changing the faulty microswitch before me, can you let me know if it cures the fault. Mine won't be a straight forward job, due to access to the faulty door, so might end up removing the actual door to fit the switch, so don't plan on doing the job anytime soon.

Are you not still in warranty? My slider started playing up, stopping and half opening etc and they changed the micro switch as well as the sticking passenger handle under warranty

Back