Whoa - threatened!

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
So I booked the Cali in to have the seats mobile valeted and the BM machine polished from someone I'd been recommended to ages ago. Had a chat, seemed okay, booked it in.

Then I checked with a mate in Preston who runs a superb detailing company if I should ask any specific questions seeing as machine polishing can actually go badly wrong if not done properly. He said make sure's he's insured and make sure he has a paint depth gauge.

So I emailed to ask these questions, got a very stroppy email back saying he is insured, works on a Ferrari F12 and "loads of cars worth well in excess of £50k" but doesn't use a gauge and doesn't want my business. Rather shocked I replied that the van is actually worth over £50k but he was right, I would go elsewhere with that bizarre attitude.

Next comes a REALLY nasty email full of abuse so I told him I was sitting next to a Police mate of mine (actually I wasn't but thought I'd see him) followed by another email saying he's "coming over" - so I called the Police and reported him but am now having to lock my doors and am a bit nervous about leaving the cars - he has my address.

Utterly bizarre and I'm pretty annoyed that someone can flip so easily AND has been so threatening.

The company is www.mobilevaleters.com @Thogg - any suggestions?

A most unexpected turn of events.

Sounds like a total c*ck. I would not use him, just by looking at his unprofessional web site, (Vistaprint free site) let alone his bad attitude!

Sounds like a clown to me. Only the most muppetty of muppets sends a threatening"I'm coming over" email and then does. It's the equivalent of us saying " We'll be conducting a drugs raid on your house tomorrow" why would you give someone warning.... if there's any damage to any of the cars you have a nice email as a starting point!

So when do you want us all to come down & visit the IDIOT I :mad:, sure he will soon run in the house if a bunch of thretning looking T6 owners appeared

Sounds like a clown to me. Only the most muppetty of muppets sends a threatening"I'm coming over" email and then does. It's the equivalent of us saying " We'll be conducting a drugs raid on your house tomorrow" why would you give someone warning.... if there's any damage to any of the cars you have a nice email as a starting point!
Cheers mate. I have all the emails saved.

I have to admit I'm pretty angry that a perfectly innocent question caused such a response. And I HATE being slightly worried about the house/cars/kids/family. I'm sure it's an empty threat but still, it's a concern.

My biggest annoyance is Bullies, normally comes from someone that has a weakness themselves but wont admit it.
I would always get my own back, and im not talking violence. Don't worry buddy, you wont here anything again im sure.

It's always worrying when someone threatens you like this, to be honest it's just probably all mouth and no trousers! Can't understand why someone in that business would lose their head with the questions you asked perfectly normal if you ask me.

There are some very strange people in this world, sounds like he is probably all talk but I can understand your concern but I doubt anything will come of it.

Sounds like a total arsehole really. The value of your car shouldn't make a difference as to whether or not that makes him qualified / insured to work on your car. If he can't answer a simple question without getting all worked up, can you imagine his response if you weren't happy with the the level of service he supplied after he had done the work?

Find his twitter feed and publish his email on it :sneaky:
He has no personal FB profile, only his wife has one. Just a business one which I blocked after leaving a 1 star review and warning of his actions today (you can't edit reviews on FB; I run a few FB pages).

I've also let quite a few well car connected locals know.

I think we can safely say, it wasn't a very clever move.

Can't abide wan*ker's like that, what do they honestly think they are going to achieve.
Had a run in with a bully (man) from across the road when he stormed onto my property threatening my son (12). Gave him two warnings to remove himself (after I put down the nail gun I was holding), then stuck him on his arse. His face was a picture as he scrabbled back up the drive and dove onto the pavement.
Had to call the Police as he was then threatening my job. He also called the Police and reported me for assault. I won, he was told he shouldn't have been on my property using threatening behaviour, plus my sticky beak other neighbour heard the whole thing including the warning I gave him first.
Bullies are all the same all mouth; as Jack Reacher says (the books - not the crap film versions) - get your retaliation in first!

A fine story @DaveyB ! Must have been quite a sight.
No issues protecting ourselves (had quite a fighty time in my youth, brown belt karate, ex 4th in the UK Kickboxing middleweight) but I still don't like it and as I grow older and possibly wiser I really do try and avoid any confrontation.

However hard anyone is, it only takes a well placed knife or similar or whacking them that bit too hard and suddenly your life as you know it is over.

Couldn't agree more. I am a black belt in TKD, and the first thing you ever learn is walk away every chance you get. It's all about being able to protect yourself on the occasion you can't get away.
Very much like you, I will avoid confrontation at all costs, as really have no interest in needing to fight, because like you say, you never know what they are packing. But if I have to fight - I know that I can, got the medals to prove it.

How bizzare!
Sounds like he needs a "Packer sand and gravel"

(This is what we did on school lunch, went over the road and put 2pence in the phone box and ordered a ton of gravel from PS&G to a random address)

Back