Who surfs?

Yep! Watergate pumped!! Especially the weekend the clocks changed!
I was Coastguard training at Northcott that Sunday; it was pure torture watching it fire while up on the cliff but made it in at North WG for dawn on the Monday and it was amazing.
Also perfect two weeks before that.

Not been enough recently; do you happen to know my cousin, Jethro B? Lives in St Columb, surfs a lot too.

I was Coastguard training at Northcott that Sunday; it was pure torture watching it fire while up on the cliff but made it in at North WG for dawn on the Monday and it was amazing.
Also perfect two weeks before that.

Not been enough recently; do you happen to know my cousin, Jethro B? Lives in St Columb, surfs a lot too.
Possibly by sight not by name.. I surfed north Fistral the Monday morning... it was a good run of swell! Bored of onshore's now!

Sick! ....That's never the Zeath??....
It is indeed; it has its moments!
This wa
Sick! ....That's never the Zeath??....
It occasionally has it's moments - we are about 200m from it.

Remember those massive storms a while back? They kicked up some incredible banks here. This is me (with a mate behind me) out - just two of us and this was a smaller, inside wave. It was incredible!

And we have this just around the corner on those big, SWerly days (low tide only)

It is indeed; it has its moments!
This wa

It occasionally has it's moments - we are about 200m from it.

Remember those massive storms a while back? They kicked up some incredible banks here. This is me (with a mate behind me) out - just two of us and this was a smaller, inside wave. It was incredible!

And we have this just around the corner on those big, SWerly days (low tide only
Lundy?

Just got back from 10 days in Nicaragua. If any of you surfers are looking for a destination that is quiet, pumps all year round, is warm and has plenty of options, then I cannot recommend Southern Nicaragua enough. Second trip there and it has been awesome. Offshore everyday and an adventure around every corner. And it's considered the "off season" this time of year! (picture was one of the smaller days)
@Thogg - it turns out you know my brother Chappas? You have worked with him on one of Ben's water safety gigs - he gave you a lift home one time! ;)S0526366.JPG

Just got back from 10 days in Nicaragua. If any of you surfers are looking for a destination that is quiet, pumps all year round, is warm and has plenty of options, then I cannot recommend Southern Nicaragua enough. Second trip there and it has been awesome. Offshore everyday and an adventure around every corner. And it's considered the "off season" this time of year! (picture was one of the smaller days)
@Thogg - it turns out you know my brother Chappas? You have worked with him on one of Ben's water safety gigs - he gave you a lift home one time! ;)View attachment 3471
Haha.. it is a small world.... I have no recollection of that journey.....

@Thogg - it turns out you know my brother Chappas? You have worked with him on one of Ben's water safety gigs - he gave you a lift home one time! ;)View attachment 3471

Wow that looks awesome; is that you in the photo?!

Wow that looks awesome; is that you in the photo?!
No that is the Chris Conner, the guide from the camp we stayed at - he made it. I'm still waiting for some pics to be sent through. It really is a heavenly place to surf.

No that is the Chris Conner, the guide from the camp we stayed at - he made it. I'm still waiting for some pics to be sent through. It really is a heavenly place to surf.
Looks incredible.
Had far too little good surf here recently; been the odd day but nothing epic.
Did very well on our Summer trip but that seems like a looooong time ago.

Friend of mine was down at Watergate about 3 - 4 weeks ago and scored it really good. At least this time of year you chaps get it more to yourselves when it is on!

WG in October was so so good!! The Sunday of the weekend when the clocks changed was absolutely smoking

Had three days of fun waves (Polzeath and Harlyn) now about to try double overhead Polzeath. If no more posts appear, you know it didn't go well...!

Back