Who surfs?

Nice one, the West Coast has been getting some excellent surf this winter. Scored our local semi secret spot on Christmas Day, and Monday looks like we will be getting some howling North Sea slop coming our way!

Always wanted to learn to surf, but have only managed with a sail......that said, fully powered up with a 9.4 sq m sail beats paddling.
Also when chatting to a surfer on one occasion I commented on the lack of windsurfers and he replied anyone trying to windsurf would be beaten up. t**t. What an attitude to a fellow sea user. Still intend giving it ago this summer.

Surf and fly here. More flying this time of the year. Especially living the south coast. The van is for hit and runs down to woolacombe or widemouth 5am starts.

North Watergate really good till the wind came round. Hopefully tomorrow will be good again
I decided against a third session partly because of the wind (it does hold a NE here but it got a bit ragged) but also because I feel like a zombie after four hours surfing! Certainly feeling every one of my 41 years....!

IMG_8365.JPG
Fourth day of surfing and today got really good! Three hours today and yesterday, both quite chunky so my arms and shoulders are now falling off.
Oh and most of the Atlantic seems to be in my sinuses. Non stop Niagra nostrils.
Was doing my Powerboat 2 course in Falmouth today so took the opportunity to go early and hit Leven on the dawn patrol....

Yep. I adopted the go deep and on anything policy. Paid my dues a couple of times! Had a couple of bombs as well though :)
Oh that's you - nice one!

Wasn't as clean here but a similar size and there were some absolute belters. Have one cracking wave yesterday too (loads of not as good waves too) - ended up barrelling nicely at the end. Most unusual for Polzeath. Powerful too.

Oh that's you - nice one!

Wasn't as clean here but a similar size and there were some absolute belters. Have one cracking wave yesterday too (loads of not as good waves too) - ended up barrelling nicely at the end. Most unusual for Polzeath. Powerful too.
Noooo that's not me on a sponge... it's not even my photo! It was taken by a mate when I was getting changed.. my arms are baggage now!

Noooo that's not me on a sponge... it's not even my photo! It was taken by a mate when I was getting changed.. my arms are baggage now!
Okay I think I get it.
My arms are like overcooked noodles now too. A pleasant sort of ache. I think the wind will spoil our fun for the rest of the week. Back to running again!

My word yesterday was GOOD! It dropped off a bit but had far more punch than the other days (which were still pretty good) so it was a full in stunt-fest. Dropped a bit too much today so I think I'll do a nice sea swim instead.

Back