Fishermen’s corner

That’s me in pic above at Craigellachie on the Spey
I’ve got some really nice drone footage but not sure I can post it on here.
All pictures are Newtyle above that.
It was a small springer and it did go back really well without hesitation but on reflection I think It shouldn’t have!!
Where I was parked I woke up to be surrounded by hares the dog went mental but not quick enough:)

I’ve often watched the Arndilly lot landing fish below the boat pool
Very nice beat
It’s upper Arndilly I fish which opposite bank from Easter elkies. The entrance to the beat is across from the Fiddoch inn in Craigellachie.
The Fiddoch pool is the top of our beat.
Here a link to a video a member of our party made when we were there a couple years back.
My laddie features about 6 mins in playing one about 16lb. He was 16 at the time. And I make an appearance at 6.47 holding one about 13lb and then playing one at 20lb. My personal best. I also had a couple grilse in the morning.
My laddie is also the guy splashed out in the hut at the end. Haha.
You can spot some of the rods I have built in it also

I’ve got Tulchan booked for mid April this year.. can’t wait to fish it
Which Tulchan beat are on?
I’m on Tulchan B last 2 days of March.
I’ve fished it last couple of years and not landed a fresh fish on it yet. Just a salmon kelt and a cracker of a sea trout kelt. It was around 8lb and would have been double figures on its way upstream. IMG_2624.jpeg

Am on D one day then A for two.. I didn’t get last spring but the one before I had a springer and good sized seatout.

Hopefully I get get something sorted later in the summer in the van

It’s upper Arndilly I fish which opposite bank from Easter elkies. The entrance to the beat is across from the Fiddoch inn in Craigellachie.
The Fiddoch pool is the top of our beat.
Here a link to a video a member of our party made when we were there a couple years back.
My laddie features about 6 mins in playing one about 16lb. He was 16 at the time. And I make an appearance at 6.47 holding one about 13lb and then playing one at 20lb. My personal best. I also had a couple grilse in the morning.
My laddie is also the guy splashed out in the hut at the end. Haha.
You can spot some of the rods I have built in it also
I know the Fiddoch Inn very well :cool: great little pub

Which Tulchan beat are on?
I’m on Tulchan B last 2 days of March.
I’ve fished it last couple of years and not landed a fresh fish on it yet. Just a salmon kelt and a cracker of a sea trout kelt. It was around 8lb and would have been double figures on its way upstream. View attachment 230673
Have you had any fishing holidays in your van?
I’m thinking of travelling north in the summer, probably to fish association waters maybe estuary’s for seatrout ect

I’m thinking of travelling north in the summer, probably to fish association waters maybe estuary’s for seatrout ect
I’ve quite a few weekends away in mine mostly in Wales wild camping and some on caravan site.
Absolutely love it and it’s a step up from being in tent with a dodgy air bed

I’ve noted that a lot of us campers like to do a bit fishing on our travels.
I thought this might be a decent thread for us fishermen and woman (no fisherthems :p ) to post up pics and stories of anything to do with fishing.
This might be a fish you’ve caught and are chuffed with,
Pics of a beautiful fishing spot,
A special day on the water,
New rod,
Fly you’ve tied,
Funny fishing stories,
Fishing jokes,
Anything fishing related.
I will kick things off with a pic from my best days fishing ever.
It was a couple of years ago when my laddie was 16 and I took him camping and fishing up the Spey.
I taught him to fly fish for trout when he was young and then taught him to Spey cast so he could come after the salmon with me. He’s naturally talented at it and could become very good at it if he spent more time on the river and less time in bed with some young lass :slow rofl:
I dare say he will come back once the novelty wears off.
He landed this salmon around 16lb fly fishing left hand up with a big 15ft rod.

View attachment 225558View attachment 225559
IMG_20221009_083257543~2.jpg

I generally take my camper with me on all my trips whether I’ve got digs booked or not.
I head north every summer. For the grilse run.
When is your trip planned?

Hi Fellas, Im a keen fisher, Salmon and seatrout are my main targets but do the occasional stocky bashing too .I have had 4wd for as long as I can remember but have been seriously thinking of getting a transporter with bed in the back with some other camping gear, stoves cool box etc. Do you find the transporters are suited to fishing? I have a shogun just now and not sure if id regret changing it to a van. Glad I found this thread as its mostly fishing/munros my van will be use for.

Back