Who surfs?

Swam 3/4 mile from Greenaway to Daymer; got a bit stuck on a reef and came out bleeding; oops!

No wetsuit needed and it was super clear.

I swam 7 miles down the Thames once from Benson lock to Moulsford in January to raise money for the diving club I was it, had to wear a wetsuit though. Too dam cold otherwise.

I used to windsurf but I'm probably not cool enough these days ;);):D
Done some open water swims during triathlons, but they're almost all mandatory wetsuit for safety.

I used to windsurf but I'm probably not cool enough these days ;);):D
Done some open water swims during triathlons, but they're almost all mandatory wetsuit for safety.

That's a big reason we moved here in 1989 - my dad was a fanatical windsurfer. I did my school work experience at Lightwave too.
I can do it but not particularly well - like snowboarders returning to skiing, I'm seeing a fair few kitesurfers go back to windsurfing.

Yep all my triathlons have had open water swims - it would feel wrong going up and down a pool IMO.

Well my board was nicked yesterday which rather limits surfing opportunities for the trip.
Might have to try and find one to buy; could be tricky...

Nope we're in Galicia on a 5 week camper trip! Pinched from under the van at Pantin; everyone leaves boards out here so thought it was okay; it wasn't!
Taken while we were on the beach.
Gits! We leave loads of stuff lying around when camping without much of a thought for the security - tendency to think you are surrounded by like minded people enjoying the same sort of things with a mutual respect and common decency - should be safe and 99% of the time it will be - hope it's not taken the shine off of your break too much.

Gits! We leave loads of stuff lying around when camping without much of a thought for the security - tendency to think you are surrounded by like minded people enjoying the same sort of things with a mutual respect and common decency - should be safe and 99% of the time it will be - hope it's not taken the shine off of your break too much.
It's a pain partly because I have my boards made for me and weirdly they are more expensive here but I'll have a look around and probably buy another. The real disaster would be turning up to a beach with amazing surf but no board...!

It's a pain partly because I have my boards made for me and weirdly they are more expensive here but I'll have a look around and probably buy another. The real disaster would be turning up to a beach with amazing surf but no board...!
I'm gutted for you, absolute wankers. I've had the same done to me but with windsurfing kit off a roof rack! Enjoy your holiday and get shopping, you can never have too many boards :)

Sorry to hear it, it can put a bit of a dampener on a holiday.
On the other hand you may turn up at a beach and see someone with your board - that would be interesting....!

Back