Who surfs?

Looking good Polzeylad. Been living 5 minutes walk from Fistral for last 20 years, moved here for the surf. Before that, spent a while in Indonesia catching waves in the late 80's. Over the last few years, got a bit put off by all the crowds, so mountainbiking is the drug of choice nowadays, down hilling at Gawton in Tavistock. Popped in to a friends shop in town, pricing up a long board, if you cant beat em, join em!

Well I wouldn't call it surfing but I do like to hire a board when we are down there which to be honest is one of the main attractions to both Cornwall and the Transporter.

I suppose it all stems back to my childhood spending many holidays in St Ives and having lesson at Sennen Cove and seeing all the VW buses with the wetsuits hanging on the side. To be honest if my numbers ever came up come up I would move down there and buy a nice split screen in an heartbeat.

Well I wouldn't call it surfing but I do like to hire a board when we are down there which to be honest is one of the main attractions to both Cornwall and the Transporter.

I suppose it all stems back to my childhood spending many holidays in St Ives and having lesson at Sennen Cove and seeing all the VW buses with the wetsuits hanging on the side. To be honest if my numbers ever came up come up I would move down there and buy a nice split screen in an heartbeat.
Many a time I felt like moving back to civilisation, but when we do venture north, the suffocation feeling happens very quickly. Beach, pasties and in the summer, sunglasses for the terrific views!!

Many a time I felt like moving back to civilisation, but when we do venture north, the suffocation feeling happens very quickly. Beach, pasties and in the summer, sunglasses for the terrific views!!

Don't I am already jealous of where you and @Polzeylad live as it is although to be fair I should appreciate the Derbyshire dales and Peak District which really is right on my door step.

Don't I am already jealous of where you and @Polzeylad live as it is although to be fair I should appreciate the Derbyshire dales and Peak District which really is right on my door step.
That's sounds good to me too. We've been on holiday last few years to Forest of Dean, people there are like, you come here on holiday, from where, you must be mad.

Reactions: Rob
I'd call it more drowning with style... But I do like getting the longboard out, mid Wales here though so conditions are quite as good as you Cornwall folk

@DaveBos Im with you on about surfing the snow,although the paddle boarding is very relaxing and not as extreme as the surfing, it's really good

Reactions: Ade
Looked into paddles board, quite expensive though and I have too many toys I don't use

Lol, can never have too many toys, just not enough spare days to use them. Once the initial purchase is done it's cheap

Reactions: Rob
Occasionally but being in Leeds it's always a trek...either to Cayton or other spots on the east coast or heading west to Hell's Mouth near Abersoch, also a bit of skateboarding and snowboarding thrown in for good measure!

I really need to learn to swim! I have always wanted to surf but can't swim! Don't ask why! (I can't swim that is!), I always watch when I am on holiday and just really need to have a go!

Back