Fishermen’s corner

Hi Fellas, Im a keen fisher, Salmon and seatrout are my main targets but do the occasional stocky bashing too .I have had 4wd for as long as I can remember but have been seriously thinking of getting a transporter with bed in the back with some other camping gear, stoves cool box etc. Do you find the transporters are suited to fishing? I have a shogun just now and not sure if id regret changing it to a van. Glad I found this thread as its mostly fishing/munros my van will be use for.
I’ve ran a T5.1 works van for over a decade and used it past few years to sleep in on some beats when accommodation was difficult to get.
I just emptied my tools out and put a fold out camp bed in the back. It was great. Miles better than a tent.
So had my heart set on a camper for a while.
I’ve not regretted it in the slightest.
Being able to get up and get on the river anytime and able to rack up the bacon rolls as well as having a stash of cold beer available.
First light for the salmon in the summer or through the darkness for the sea trout. Your bed is right there if you get knackered or too pished :slow rofl:
I’ve had my van and now T6 camper on loads of beats. Both are just 2wd and go everywhere.
I didn’t want a big motor home. Just too big for the fishing.
They’re reliable and economical to run and sit at 70mph on the motorway no problem

IMG_5919.jpegIMG_5920.jpegIMG_5921.jpeg
Some pics from the north esk on Saturday
I was being a ghillie for my Spanish pal trying to get him a springer.
This is the Burn house beat

I’ve ran a T5.1 works van for over a decade and used it past few years to sleep in on some beats when accommodation was difficult to get.
I just emptied my tools out and put a fold out camp bed in the back. It was great. Miles better than a tent.
So had my heart set on a camper for a while.
I’ve not regretted it in the slightest.
Being able to get up and get on the river anytime and able to rack up the bacon rolls as well as having a stash of cold beer available.
First light for the salmon in the summer or through the darkness for the sea trout. Your bed is right there if you get knackered or too pished :slow rofl:
I’ve had my van and now T6 camper on loads of beats. Both are just 2wd and go everywhere.
I didn’t want a big motor home. Just too big for the fishing.
They’re reliable and economical to run and sit at 70mph on the motorway no problem
Thanks for the reply, makes me less doubtful about my decision. Just need to find a van now. been looking for ages but the right one hasnt appeared yet.

Fish Canterland and Gallery usually as well as South Esk beats. Been away 4 times this year and nothing too show so far. Have you told your Spanish pal how difficult it is lol
Which beats on the southie do you fish?
I fish the southie up glen clova on my Kirrie club ticket and down at Brechin on my Brechin ticket.
It has been devastated there by the flood last year.
I was on Craigo a couple weeks back. Opposite bank to Canterland
I also fish the west water which is a trib of the northie. And have a syndicate on the northie also.

Which beats on the southie do you fish?
I fish the southie up glen clova on my Kirrie club ticket and down at Brechin on my Brechin ticket.
It has been devastated there by the flood last year.
I was on Craigo a couple weeks back. Opposite bank to Canterland
I also fish the west water which is a trib of the northie. And have a syndicate on the northie also.
I used to see Craigo on Fishpal years ago but it disappeared of it. I fish Kinnaird on the south, all beats depending on water level, Cortachy as well. The Kinnaird beats on the Southie have changed so much, banks have lost 20ft in some places and the bridges are gone!

I used to see Craigo on Fishpal years ago but it disappeared of it. I fish Kinnaird on the south, all beats depending on water level, Cortachy as well. The Kinnaird beats on the Southie have changed so much, banks have lost 20ft in some places and the bridges are gone!
Yes the devastation left by storm babet is bad. Did you see the bridge of Dun ? Must be centuries old too.
Cortachy is a beautiful beat. I always enjoy my days there. My cub water finishes just above the sawmill dam. One of the best pools on the whole river.
My pals are on the gallery on the northie this week so I’m going up to meet the lads this afternoon and do some more work developing our new beat. We have all the water from the loups at the Burn house up to the falls at the rocks of solitude. It’s a load of water and never been developed into a fishing beat. So we have a lot of work to do this year to open the pools up. Trimming the banks and putting in ropes and steps for access etc.
There’s a campsite over the road for the campers too. I could see me spending a lot of time up there this season. Will take my family too as it’s beautiful up there.

Yes the devastation left by storm babet is bad. Did you see the bridge of Dun ? Must be centuries old too.
Cortachy is a beautiful beat. I always enjoy my days there. My cub water finishes just above the sawmill dam. One of the best pools on the whole river.
My pals are on the gallery on the northie this week so I’m going up to meet the lads this afternoon and do some more work developing our new beat. We have all the water from the loups at the Burn house up to the falls at the rocks of solitude. It’s a load of water and never been developed into a fishing beat. So we have a lot of work to do this year to open the pools up. Trimming the banks and putting in ropes and steps for access etc.
There’s a campsite over the road for the campers too. I could see me spending a lot of time up there this season. Will take my family too as it’s beautiful up there.
Its a shame Gallery has had there hut taken away. That guy seems to be an ass there.

I’ve always got on well with Neil.
It’s Mike over the other side most folk have trouble with.
I get on fine with both them.
I’ve always got on well with Neil.
It’s Mike over the other side most folk have trouble with.
I get on fine with both them.
No I dont mean Neil, I mean the Gallery estate owner. Some ex army major or something, he slowly made it more awkward for fishers to get access to the beat and this year took the hut from the beat.

No I dont mean Neil, I mean the Gallery estate owner. Some ex army major or something, he slowly made it more awkward for fishers to get access to the beat and this year took the hut from the beat.
Ah I met him today.
Yup total arse. Ruining the beat.
He had a go at one of the fishermen the other day about the cruelty of playing a fish for fun.
It’s not going to end well. He’s marked out his land and left a few feet of bank to be used by the fishery.

Back