Who knew..............!

Just to save me hunting through my VW info pack, my daughter asked today "what's this button for Daddy?"

I hadn't noticed it, but it's a switch on the drivers side panel where the seatbelt hangs. I did press it, and hold it down, but nothing obvious happened.

It only works when the drivers door is open, pressing it before setting alarm will disable internal sensors

:( my mirrors don't fold on the key but, if my windows are down, they auto close on lock ..... hey presto.

also on holding unlock, they all open. :)

But annoyed that my intermittent wipers didn't work, moving the switch to fast and slow doesn't do anything. Then I went passed a truck and got loads of spray and my wipers went manic, turns out it has rain sensors!
So, do they all have rain sensors if so what's the fast/ slow intermittent switch for?

I need to try out the hold button thing in the morning to see if I have folding mirrors too!

But annoyed that my intermittent wipers didn't work, moving the switch to fast and slow doesn't do anything. Then I went passed a truck and got loads of spray and my wipers went manic, turns out it has rain sensors!
So, do they all have rain sensors if so what's the fast/ slow intermittent switch for?
Adjusts the sensitivity of the auto wipers

Discovered the other day by accident. Press the lock all doors button need to press unlock to get out? If you double pull the door handle it unlocks drivers door only and leaves rest locked.

Discovered the other day by accident. Press the lock all doors button need to press unlock to get out? If you double pull the door handle it unlocks drivers door only and leaves rest locked.
Deadlocks(safelock), 2 pulls on any handle will open the door.
Single press on the remote will lock everyone in
Double press on the remote will lock without deadlocks...

I was in mine today fitting the tambour doors to the units with my key in my pocket and must have pressed something because both the front windows came down :D

What would 4 presses on lock do? and I am not joking :(

I was in mine today fitting the tambour doors to the units with my key in my pocket and must have pressed something because both the front windows came down :D

What would 4 presses on lock do? and I am not joking :(
Deadlock, lock(no deadlock),unlock,deadlock

Holding in the lock or unlock button on the remote for more than a second or two will activate the comfort function and this actuates (open or close) all the locks/windows/folding mirrors (if applicable) and sunroof (if fitted)

Front fog lights come on singly - either right or left when turning.
When in reverse, you can get similar thing to happen on the rear fogs by manually turning on the fog light switch, then you will get one rear fog light on singly - either right or left - to give a bit more light when reversing.

Front fog lights come on singly - either right or left when turning.
When in reverse, you can get similar thing to happen on the rear fogs by manually turning on the fog light switch, then you will get one rear fog light on singly - either right or left - to give a bit more light when reversing.
except we only have a single offside rear fog light in the UK :)

Back