Orange Engine Warning Light Carista Says....

Having similar problems with the Adblue system in my 2016 T6. Had the software upgrade last week - so far so good.
You need VCDS to verify the current software version.
Got the advice from Ross Tech Forum
"...Most likely nothing wrong with the sensor.There is an ECU software update available which cures this issue + quite a few others. The ECU SW 04L 906 056 KE H02 3772 would upgrade to 04L 906 056 KE H02 6169 "
Just checked that link and it was posted in April 2021. Would there have been further updates since then?

Anyone know what it is / was / should be?

Cant get mine looked at until 27th of this month and thats at the camper van suppliers not a VW agent.

Evening all, a quick update as to where I am with this. Went back to the camper van supplier for them to plug in their UBD scanner. Decision was "you need a new nox sensor"!
They were going to order one up, let me know when it arrives and get booked back in to be repaired under warranty by themselves. Then, driving home I got a phone call from their service desk saying they had had a change of plan. I was to take the camper to my local VAG main dealer / agent and get it booked in for an engine software update, then, "we`ll see how it goes"!!

Anyway, got it booked in with the main dealer for next Wednesday for the software update. The "we`ll see how it goes" bit will be addressed after the update! ;)

150bhp 6 speed manual
Engine...... software version 3802
Based on the above I guess the current software identifier is 04L 906 056 KL -version 6166
To confirm please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).

I’ve also just noticed the date and time for when the fault was logged is out and that the mileage showing is out too!! Weird!
The date is out because Carista is misinterpreting the data. Mileage should be correct though even with Carista - the first occurrence of the fault (usually not the same when the dash light eventually came on). The ECU records a kind of early warnings to aid diagnostics (without dash light).

Don't forget your 10 free adblue top ups voucher from the dealer when they update the software.
Pretty sure the update will sort it, as I said
Didn’t on mine!!

Adblue top up voucher is a waste of time. As it is a warranty issue you need to take it to a VW Stealer. They have to book it in and get it on a ramp and do a “health check”. Always interesting and at times comical videos

So:
1. Good luck getting an appointment when you’re getting low
And
2. Thats at least an hour of your life you won’t get back to save £20 ish.

Two local dealers both confirmed this is the process and wouldn’t shift. I have had 1 top up as coincided with it going in.

I dont see how free adblue refills are a waste of time?
Because of the reasons above and how much people value their time and faff. Personally I wouldn’t bother unless going dealers anyway and by chance it coincided with running out which is unlikely

Each to there own.

I dont see how free adblue refills are a waste of time?
Well it definitely was a waste for me yesterday when I took my campervan in for a full service. There were 8 of 10 vouchers left and the dealer refused to use them saying VW were no longer refilling on vouchers.

I don’t know whether the ‘stealer’ was having me on or whether VW’s true colours as a dishonourable company have come to the fore. I had to detour via Halfords on the way home for some reasonably priced adblue.

So, who has decided to no longer honour the vouchers provided as part of a warranty update? The dealer or VW?

Well it definitely was a waste for me yesterday when I took my campervan in for a full service. There were 8 of 10 vouchers left and the dealer refused to use them saying VW were no longer refilling on vouchers.

I don’t know whether the ‘stealer’ was having me on or whether VW’s true colours as a dishonourable company have come to the fore. I had to detour via Halfords on the way home for some reasonably priced adblue.

So, who has decided to no longer honour the vouchers provided as part of a warranty update? The dealer or VW?

Interesting, maybe stealer just couldn't be ar*ed to put a warranty claim in and fill in the paperwork? The dealer forgot to do it on my last fault code visit and just filled it without adding a stamp. he basically said it was a faff for a £20 warranty claim

I'd be asking VW to cash in those vouchers or fulfil their obligation.

Well, I had the engine software update done at the VW main dealers today,I asked about the ad blue vouchers and was told “No, we don’t do those”. They didn’t seem to know anything about them.

Back