Who knew..............!

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Allan A, 22 Oct 2017.

1. Chopman

Chopman Senior Member T6 Guru

You got me....

Loz likes this.
  2. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I also noticed yesterday when I was parked in front of a shop window (Greggs to be precise, for breakfast) that when you put the van into reverse, both front fogs light up, and go off when you move into drive.

Oh and the breakfast bacon cob and a coffee deal is a lot more expensive in the services than than the normal Greggs.
    Just saying.

3. BigBarn

BigBarn Member VIP Member T6 Pro

I wonder if the Germans in the VW factory see the irony in making two bright forward facing fog lights come on when you reverse and only give you a single measly, poxy, dim, useless reversing light at the back that doesn’t illuminate a feckin thing!!! :thumbsdown:

I now drag the brakes when I reverse and use the brake lights as reversing lights! :rofl:

Chrisfraser05 and sofakingwrong like this.
  4. Tourershine

Map
    I find it much easier to just use my mirrors :laugh:

sofakingwrong likes this.
  5. CaliStu

CaliStu Senior Member T6 Guru

Here's one my daughter discovered which was new to me. If if you want to put the windows up / down without the key being in, just hold the button down for a few seconds

6. BigBarn

Mirrors are still useless at night when it looks like you’re reversing into a Blackhole! At least the reversing sensors let me know if something is in the way :grin bounce:

7. Tourershine

Map
    Ahh, we don't get night time in Leicestershire, because the council in their wisdom have put up LED street lights that burn your eyes if you so much as glance at them, so I can see perfectly.

Next time you are stood on a large hill in the dark down there, look North and that huge glow is Leicester.

Stewby likes this.
  8. BigBarn

That’s why! They like it dark in Devon!

Tourershine likes this.
  9. Dannyb6467

Dannyb6467 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Oldrat you are correct!

10. Tourershine

Map
    So between these two Q&A I could do with some clarification.
    The short and simple part of the question is do we actually have 'intermittent wipers' ?

I'm finding it annoying that my wipers are either really slow to react, or too fast.

11. bullracing

bullracing Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Best comment. The little things people dont realise. Like the small arrow on the petrol symbol gauge to show which side the caps on.

12. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map

13. Tourershine

Map
    Was there an answer hidden in there @Fish?

14. moomin-j

moomin-j Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Has @Fish been drinking from his beer kegs again whilst watching the Strictly results?

15. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Chief Fire Starter. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    We have auto wipers. Works when it rains, the slidey dial thing alters the sensitivity of the sensor (light - heavy rain drops)

Tourershine and Skyliner33 like this.
  16. Tourershine

Map
    So no then.
    I prefer the traditional way and controlling the speed myself.

Answer this then. What does it mean by 'speed sensitive' wipers within the Carista, because having that ticked or unticked makes no difference to my wipers.

Lord Mfwic likes this.
  17. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Chief Fire Starter. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I assume they become more sensitive the faster you go as the force of the rain against the screen will increase with speed.

I'm not sure if its the van but I've seen somewhere that you can untick auto wipers thereby giving you the "old fashioned" intermittent system;).
    Check the MFD it may well be under the settings menu.

18. andy58

andy58 Andy C VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Just checked aswell never knew that works aswell

19. Tourershine

Map
    Unless that was your way to get me running outside in my Pjs all excited, only to find no such setting, I cannot find anything in my MFD :(

Lord Mfwic likes this.
  20. Stigofthedub

Stigofthedub Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    On the subject of wipers, can anyone remember vehicles that when squirting the screen didn't automatically set the wipers off. The time where you could wet the crap on your screen before wiping. Not scrawb wipers over dry muck before the water got to it. Idea obviously financed by wiper blade manufacturers.

SENTINEL likes this.