Who knew..............!

Allan A

204 DSG LWB Kombi 4motion. Sports day/weekend van
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Well whilst filling up at local fuel station a T5 pulled up at next pump. Owner walks over to me says.hello and puts my fuel cap on the holder...................mind blown!

My only excuse it’s the first VW I’ve owned!0183743C-51A3-48E0-B969-92C0ECF2E56D.jpeg

Nice one, I didn't realise that.
However. Be careful taking pictures at petrol stations, mobile phones have caused explosions with petrol vapours.

Sorry to be negative but although I mentioned the absence of a cap holder a while back and was put right....

Now that I know what that bar is for, I think it is pretty useless.

9/10 the putting the nozzle in the filler (especially if it has an advertising collar on it) knocks the cap off of its holder.
There are so many other simple solutions which are more effectivee.

It's a nice little quirk. If It does fall off I won't lose sleep over it as its been dangling down when fuelling perfectly fine up until now. I think its a secondary function after holding the flap.

Sorry to be negative but although I mentioned the absence of a cap holder a while back and was put right....

9/10 the putting the nozzle in the filler (especially if it has an advertising collar on it) knocks the cap off of its holder.

It must be your old shaky hands lol

Ah didn’t see your post! It amused me but I am easily pleased

I bet there's loads of tiny extras that not everyone knows about on their vans. For instance, I didn't know till I was told on here, that the folding mirrors folded on the key, and neither did my sales guy. Also, this whole faff with the 12v sockets being live all the time, meaning having to unplug your nav every time you park up, when the usb socket goes into sleep mode 20 seconds after you lock the vehicle.
Maybe a new thread on hidden features we might not know is in order...

I bet there's loads of tiny extras that not everyone knows about on their vans. For instance, I didn't know till I was told on here, that the folding mirrors folded on the key, and neither did my sales guy. Also, this whole faff with the 12v sockets being live all the time, meaning having to unplug your nav every time you park up, when the usb socket goes into sleep mode 20 seconds after you lock the vehicle.
Maybe a new thread on hidden features we might not know is in order...

I'm not sure I follow....

Do you mean the USB on the dash turns off after locking but the 12v socket stays on permanently?

Back