Who knew..............!

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Allan A, 22 Oct 2017.

1. keith baker

keith baker Member VCDS User VIP Member

Map
    Wiper park - so you don't scratch the bonnet as you lift the wipers to clean them. Turn off ignition and press down on the wiper stalk. Leaves the wipers almost vertical.

2. Stigofthedub

Stigofthedub Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Never heard that one. That is so useful. Thanks @keith baker I'll try that on my gtd as well.

3. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Think it’s a VCDS setting ?

Stewby, Fish and Tourershine like this.
  4. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    To update the wiper issue I was trying to work out, you can do this via Carista now. You deactivate speed sensitive and rain sensitive options, which just defaults the wipers back to the traditional intermittent speeds, which for me is far better.

LakesT6 likes this.
  5. LakesT6

LakesT6 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    @Tourershine I'll be straight on to that, my wipers are never on the right speed.

Tourershine likes this.
  6. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Some people might like the speed and rain sensitive features. I just think they are either too fast, or not fast enough.

7. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    If anyone finds a way to turn off the auto wipe on wash please let me know, I hate all vehicles that won't let you just spray the screen. Sometimes you need to let the water work its way to where it's needed and do its thing before wiping it off.

8. Dava lar

Dava lar Member T6 Pro

Was puzzled why my electric tailgate would work in most situations although intermittently but never in my driveway, seen it as a fault until the penny dropped, there's sensors to stop it opening up and hitting something or someone.. bloody obvious really doh!
    New about the folding mirror/closing windows and fuel cap holder but still can't work out the cruise/distance setting

JasonW likes this.
  9. fezza68

fezza68 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    The controls are on the left hand side of the steering wheel. The silver rocker sets the distance. Set sets the speed you are at,resume takes you back to the speed you set before you braked. Up and down does the speed in increments...if that makes sense?.

10. Dava lar

Dava lar Member T6 Pro

Thanks
    I don't know what it is but I just can't get my head around it.
    I remember I had an auto brake application when a car turning left in front of me decided not to and just stopped.