Orange Engine Warning Light Carista Says....

Ric1962

T6 Pro
Hi all, could I ask for some advice please from those here that understand these things? Took the van out for a spin this morning, its been sat in my yard since last Sunday. After about an hour or so of mostly dual carriage way driving @60-65mph, the orange engine management light came on. Luckily I had bought a Carista a few weeks ago so pulled over, switched off, got out and locked up. Left it locked for a minute or two, unlocked, got in and fired up again, orange engine light was still on. Turned off and fitted Carista then turned ignition on as per Carista instructions to diagnose.

Carista showed 2 faults which I have screen shot and posted below. I cleared the faults and turned ignition off, exiting and locking the van again for a couple of minutes before entering and starting engine again. The fault stayed cleared. Drove the van for 30 minutes @ 70mph in 5th gear (dual carriage way) keeping the revs at just below 2500rpm. Engine light stayed off. Im now back home and no engine light on.

I would be very grateful if anyone here translate into plain English what the fault shows, what it means and is it a serious issue?

The first two pics are from the "Engine fault" and the second two are from the "OBD2 Fault"

The van is a 2019 T6 T30 150bhp 6 speed manual. I've only had it about 6 weeks and done just over 1k miles in it, now showing 13k on the clock and "under warranty" from the motorhome dealer for a year.

Edit, ad-blue shows 5000 before next fill up but not sure how long what is in there now has been in the ad-blue tank for.

Many, many thanks in advance for any help and advice anyone can give as to what the issue may be, what Carista is telling me and what I should possibly do.

Cheers all, Rick.

Fault 1A.PNG

Fault 1B.PNG

Fault 2A.PNG

Fault 2B.PNG

Last edited:
I have the same faults and only come on after a long run. P20EE is generic and I have P204F which links with your other codes. All SCR related. Mine has been in 4 times for a fix so far without success. Going in again tomorrow and costing me £500 for them to look at it even though under warranty and no guarantee they will diagnose

Mine started last April similar to you only had van a few weeks.

Thanks Hilly. Could I ask, what is SCR when you say SCR related?

I’ve also just noticed the date and time for when the fault was logged is out and that the mileage showing is out too!! Weird!

Cheers Lee, I think!:oops: Is it serious or just one of those annoying faults that T6 owners know about yet no one knows why it happens or how to fix it?

Annoying fault that few get fully resolved.. do some searching on here, you'll find a few threads.

Annoying fault that few get fully resolved.. do some searching on here, you'll find a few threads.
Must of read most threads and as suggested never seen anyone thats seen a solution. This is what is bothering me that the starting point of a £500 donation to the dealers to keep looking will likely escalate with the real possibility of no solution, especially when they are now talking about removing inlet manifolds which I don’t get for SCR related fault codes including Adblue Error 650m countdown that reset.

I have also raised a complaint with VW Customer Care ….. dont get me started on their performance so far!

These faults all seem to follow the same pattern, only crops up on a long run, too much of a coincidence and in my view the way they test the SCR system under the VW TPI is not specific enough as it is a static test with the vehicle not running at 60 - 70 for hour or so

I had this fault 5 times or so when van was new , cured with software update . Worth checking the van is running most up to date software .
How on earth do you have to pay £500 if its under warranty??

Had software update last year but who knows if latest. Would of thought obvious starting point

All in Warranty so diagnostic not included…. Absolute rubbish

Bought from them ? Converted ?
I wouldn't be having that , would be talking about rejecting & legal etc .

For the All In wait until the next light then run Carista again. If faults are present, don't clear, then call VW Assist. They will read the codes then send a report to VW and will tell you to book it in. Once VW have that report there will be no diagnostics charge up front.

For the All In wait until the next light then run Carista again. If faults are present, don't clear, then call VW Assist. They will read the codes then send a report to VW and will tell you to book it in. Once VW have that report there will be no diagnostics charge up front.
Done this 4 times upto now. Latest one they didn’t even respond to the VW Assist referral as was booked in anyway. Likely try to charge me insurance on curtesy vehicle when that should be part of the referral

Spoke to VW assist on numerous occasions. They have been brilliant and can’t understand whats going on and why the dealer hasn’t put in technical referral to head office

Just tried to check mine using Carista. The only software I could find was the following.....

CAN network gateway......software Version 0762
Engine...... software version 3802
ABS...... software version 0133

Cant seem to find any software beginning with a 6 or a 4.
Check your vans engine software starts with a 6*** and not a 4*** first....

Had software update last year but who knows if latest. Would of thought obvious starting point

All in Warranty so diagnostic not included…. Absolute rubbish
Having similar problems with the Adblue system in my 2016 T6. Had the software upgrade last week - so far so good.
You need VCDS to verify the current software version.
Got the advice from Ross Tech Forum
"...Most likely nothing wrong with the sensor.There is an ECU software update available which cures this issue + quite a few others. The ECU SW 04L 906 056 KE H02 3772 would upgrade to 04L 906 056 KE H02 6169 "

Back