There are also those to avoid that I've noted on threads on this forum. Like the one that left a battery loose in a cupboard with an unsupported copper pipe immediately above and using domestic earthing cable attached improperly to it.

Other threads via Google and forum tags:

I’m having my camper from Bodans in Shrewsbury. You can make it as luxurious as you want with leather upholstery and mood lighting etc. Our main desire was for a fixed toilet like a motor home and Bodans are among a few that make a layout that incorporates a fixed cassette toilet with a rear kitchen. We chose to have Bodans buy us a factory ordered T6.1 LWB with plenty of factory options (wish I’d ticked LED headlights) and they were able to get us a good discount. Ours will have full leather with Recarro upgrade in our choice of colours. All this for about £63k

My advise on any conversion, is spend lots of time speaking to the converter, ask to see completed vans, speak to existing owners, and most importantly see pics behind the panels - Anyone can make the outside look good, but it just as important whats behind. We are seeing an increasing number of vans through our shop (we dont do camper conversions) to have rectification work and when we pull them apart the work behind the panels is shocking - And this is from some of the biggest names in the business.

And bear in mind you may want some changes further down the line or have some niggles that need sorting so try and keep it fairly local.

Good luck in your search

We used Jerba Campervans in North Berwick and were very pleased with their professional approach and the high quality finish of the conversion. Nothing was too much trouble and they are a registered VW Convertor, so we ordered the van through them, it was converted and then registered prior to delivery. Definitely worth a look..

I went with a company called “Revalution” If I had my choice I would have bought a “status 1” Campervan. Check both of them out
Been watching Status 1 on you tube.........must say that I am impressed with the attention to detail.

I would think that it is these guys, says so in thier name;
1605774678618.png

You need to get around and do the research, I found the van shows and camping shows best but not much chance of that at the moment. If you find someone you like, google the hell out of them and search them on here using the search function. If they aren't as good as they appear someone will have reported it.

OH and the pic above is a joke based on your question... I've never heard of them, just googled premier van converters.

Thanks. I’ve read too many bad things about CK sadly.
We have a CK converted 2017 T6. Almost 2 years ownership and no problems at all. I’d happily buy another. We are delighted with our van. Don’t believe all you read.

Hi guys
I am looking for a reputable conversion company to convert my LWB TSI into a 4 berth camper
I want someone who will do it properly.
If anyone can recommend a company who will do the whole thing including fitting a roof bed I’d appreciate the pointer
Thank you in advance
John

There is nothing like word of mouth and people telling you who is good, the people on this forum know these vans and I don’t doubt they can point me in the right direction.
I don’t care where the company is as long as it’s uk based, im of the opinion of a job is worth doing it’s worth doing properly - once

I find as a funeral director I don’t even need to advertise now as I take the same approach in my own trade - so I’m looking for someone really good to pamper my van and turn it into something really nice that I can spec and use to make some memories with my family

When I was looking for a conversion company I shortlisted the following companies - they all have great reviews. This is not a definitive list - I didn't include companies that couldn't do work in the near future but hopefully this will give you a start point. Take a look at their website for a better idea of their work. You can also check out their google reviews
Exploria Online
Juice Van Designs
AJC Conversions
New Wave Custom Conversions
Uberwagon
Chilli Jam Vans
Woohoo conversions
Summit Campers
I went with Absolut5 in Amesbury who did a fabulous job. I was delighted with it. I hope this helps

Knights Custom Conversions in Spalding Lincs did an excellent job of my interior and Retrofitted in Bury St.Edmunds made an equally excellent job of the roof, both highly recommended. :cool:

When I was looking for a conversion company I shortlisted the following companies - they all have great reviews. This is not a definitive list - I didn't include companies that couldn't do work in the near future but hopefully this will give you a start point. Take a look at their website for a better idea of their work. You can also check out their google reviews
Exploria Online
Juice Van Designs
AJC Conversions
New Wave Custom Conversions
Uberwagon
Chilli Jam Vans
Woohoo conversions
Summit Campers
I went with Absolut5 in Amesbury who did a fabulous job. I was delighted with it. I hope this helps
If helps a lot mate
Thank you very much

Pop tops and full campers aren’t available at the cave yet @JOG but thanks for the shout out!

Day vans yes, mains hookups, leisure electrics and almost everything else, yes, but pop tops and full campers, not yet.

I’ll second the comment on Cambee. They’re doing mine - customer service and attention to detail is excellent. But they are booked up til Autumn now I think, as all the decent ones will be.

Good that you aren‘t focussed on location alone. Find the one that ticks your boxes, you feel comfortable with, and really importantly, look at their workmanship. A decent converter will be only too pleased to show you what they do, and this will speak volumes once you can see what they deliver.

Back