Chrispyduck

New to forum and looking for advice. I am scouring the VW dealers nationally for a T6 to convert. Spec wise i would like the DSG Highline.........not sure on the T28 or T30 ???????? there seems to be a few about but not sure who is best to buy from.

Also any recommendation for a full conversion...............quality and price are obviously main considerations.

Last edited:
Bodans are near you... They have a decent conversion but I found them quite stringent in their conversion options and wouldn't deviate to some bespoke options I wanted... Worth a look though as they do some nice work...

For a full camper conversion, you would be safer with a T30 or T32, as they have a greater load capacity - more load contingency for bringing large quantities of wine back from France :)

Pete

Thanks Pete..........i sort of understand that T30 and T32 can take more weight than the T28. I don't plan on taking a lot of weight on board !

Just noticed where you are. We are pretty close. We used Bodans to do our windows, but did the rest of the conversion ourselves. They have a good reputation.

Pete

Just noticed where you are. We are pretty close. We used Bodans to do our windows, but did the rest of the conversion ourselves. They have a good reputation.

Pete
Yes we are just beginning this journey. I have been to Bodans for quotes on a new van. Decided to look for decent second hand T6 and then commission a company for the conversion. I would like to feel i could do the work myself but no idea where to start.

I found Bodans a little bit heavy on the price as well... Not massively, but I got a better spec conversion about 3 or 4k less elsewhere...

Hi Chrispy. I've recently bought a new (pre-registered 19 plate with 60 miles on it) T30 LWB panel van with a view to having a bells and whistles conversion done by Three Bridge in Milton Keynes. They're not cheap, but the specification is huge and the quality of their work, particularly cabinetry, is outstanding, and very different. I'm afraid I don't know how to post a link to another thread from the forum here (anyone help please?), but if you click on my profile and look for my posts, you'll track it down. You'll find that @czmate1999 did a lot of research too and came to the same conclusion. Three Bridge helped me source the van too, and having checked out the spec elsewhere, it was a very good price.

Hi Chrispy. I've recently bought a new (pre-registered 19 plate with 60 miles on it) T30 LWB panel van with a view to having a bells and whistles conversion done by Three Bridge in Milton Keynes. They're not cheap, but the specification is huge and the quality of their work, particularly cabinetry, is outstanding, and very different. I'm afraid I don't know how to post a link to another thread from the forum here (anyone help please?), but if you click on my profile and look for my posts, you'll track it down. You'll find that @czmate1999 did a lot of research too and came to the same conclusion. Three Bridge helped me source the van too, and having checked out the spec elsewhere, it was a very good price.
I'll check out Three Bridge thanks !

I went with AJC after visiting quite a few and a few referrals.... Very helpful and very good attention to detail... i can't fault the end product.. Maybe not to the level of 3 bridges but it's what you're prepared to pay and what spec you want that matters...

Take your time and do your homework first on what you want in your build and what you want out of the van... And good luck..!

AJC Conversions

Here you go, My T6 To Camper Thread...

just go to the page and highlight and copy the address from the address bar. ;)

We used T4 Campers in Yorkshire, did a great job at a great price despite my interrupting the build process as we went along. Did mockups of the interior to make sure what we wanted would fit ( including an electric flush loo) We then took it to Mongolia and hammered the hell out of it, the interior survived the whole trip with no problems.

A vote for Bodans. They were flexible with the spec we wanted, price was reasonable and I can’t fault their after sales support, nothing has been too much trouble for them when we have wanted small tweaks doing. They also normally have a stock of vans to purchase for conversion. Good luck with your search but I would recommend a T30 as a good starting point, surprising how the weight adds up.

New to forum and looking for advice. I am scouring the VW dealers nationally for a T6 to convert. Spec wise i would like the DSG Highline.........not sure on the T28 or T30 ???????? there seems to be a few about but not sure who is best to buy from.

Also any recommendation for a full conversion...............quality and price are obviously main considerations.
We had a great experience with Wessex vans in Poole who converted our T5 for us from a Builders van to a partial camper.
Check out my videos below to see what they did for us.
Why Buy a Campervan Part 1
Why Buy a Campervan Part 2

I can recommend Knights camper conversions in Lincolnshire. No job too small, excellent work and will make what you want. Very good aftersales as well.

Thats great to hear ddktm....my van is with Knights at the moment, should be ready next month hopefully. I did my homework and liked their approach and specs and so looking forward to getting it back. Searched high and low for someone who was willing to do the Reimo seat rail system with slimmer side units to suit, and who you could actually talk to.

Back