Stewby

Nurse
T6 Guru
hi there.

We are currently saving for our own wee Veedub.
We know the spec we want and we have been chatting with andy from ajc conversions regarding what we would like.

I am trying to do as much research as possible as it is quite a big expenditure for us (two and a half years of hard saving).
Unfortunately the forum doesn't seem to recognise ajc as it is too small a search term and the conversions bit throws up a lot of results.
has anyone had any experience with ajc conversions and would they recommend them??

Thank you very much for your time.
stewby.
:)

other stupid question... I have looked at heaps of websites and really should have kept a note.
There was one that I saw in passing which had a frosted glass panel at the front end of the kitchen units. I am not sure how it worked but you could get a TV on it.
Any idea which site this would have been?? (it was recommended somewhere on the forum but I have been all over the place on here).
:unsure:

hi there.

We are currently saving for our own wee Veedub.
We know the spec we want and we have been chatting with andy from ajc conversions regarding what we would like.

I am trying to do as much research as possible as it is quite a big expenditure for us (two and a half years of hard saving).
Unfortunately the forum doesn't seem to recognise ajc as it is too small a search term and the conversions bit throws up a lot of results.
has anyone had any experience with ajc conversions and would they recommend them??

Thank you very much for your time.
stewby.
Hi Stewby,

I've just picked up my van from AJC in Glossop, the pics are in the Team Starlight part of the forum.

I can totally recommend them, the quality of the craftmanship is top and Andy is a top bloke too, I've spent a good few hours with him going through the build. The end result I couldn't be more happy with.

Cheers
Pat

Thanks pat.

I have had a look at your posts and your veedub looks gorgeous.
Really quite excited thinking about our campervan.

@pats

Hello again.... been doing more research and wondering how what you think of the reimo roof?? People on here seem to recommend the HiLo or SCA roofs so I haven't really found much on the reimo.
In big trouble as your van has now made me consider starlight blue as the main colour instead of black. It is so lovely.
:inlove:

@pats

Hello again.... been doing more research and wondering how what you think of the reimo roof?? People on here seem to recommend the HiLo or SCA roofs so I haven't really found much on the reimo.
In big trouble as your van has now made me consider starlight blue as the main colour instead of black. It is so lovely.
:inlove:
Hey Stewby, We looked at the HiLo roof too but decided on the Reimo as they seemed to give a bit more space as they sit proud of the van rather than flush. I think the Riemo and SCA are almost the same.

I had a black T5 before the starlight, the black was nice but I love the starlight.

If you're ever around Sheffield you're welcome to have a look

When i set out on the journey of buying a van and getting it converted i did the usual homework and legwork, visiting 7 or 8 companies in the North West of England. Some good, some not so good...

AJC Conversions in Glossop ticked all the boxes for me, Clean and professional set up, proven track record of quality conversions and reasonably priced. Andy, Brandon and the team were always helpful and keen to advise me 'a novice' to the camper world on the pro's and con's of the various ideas i had... Without there help and guidance i think i would of fallen into many holes and pitfalls along the way and would of ended up with a build missing so many things that i would of later regretted... They make all their units onsite and so everything is a perfect fit, no gaps where there shouldn't be any, and apply a high degree of attention to detail...

I would highly recommend these guys. AJC Conversions LTD

My build consisted roughly of:

250 Watt Solar Panel
2 x Leisure batteries
Underslung 70l water tank
Eberspacher Diesel Heater
Reimo pop top
112 fixed Rib
Karndean Oak Flooring
Leather Uphostery
External Gas BBQ point
Solid Oak Worktop
Altofina Light grey units

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

d.jpg

f.jpg

e.jpg
g.jpg
h.jpg
i.jpg

Last edited:
It’s a funny old world...
We also visited AJC in the course of our research. Nice premises professional looking outfit. They had a van ready for a customer to collect later in the day. We explained to the gaffer (Andy?) that we were picky & if we chose him to do our conversion, everything would have to be “spot on”. We had a look around the newly completed van & the missus pointed out some wonky gaps in the doors, uneven lines in the (knock on) edging & glue that hadn’t been cleaned off properly. We explained that we would expect better. His reply, and I kid you not was “if that’s the standard you’re looking for, maybe we aren’t the converters for you” we thanked him for his time & left.
Funny old world.....

Trip planned soon... Only picked it up yesterday... :)
We had our first night away last weekend, everything else planned is up in the air at the moment. Seems like most sites are staying open though so hopefully we can still go away as planned.

From the photos, I would agree, I’m a bit jealous of that conversion tbh!
It is difficult to snag from photos but the gaps look good as does the finishing of the worktop where it meets the cupboards.

If you look hard enough you can snag any works, just ask my staff. They hate it when I turn up for the snagging meetings.

I'm currently having some building works being done on the house as we have had a job fall down and I heard my lads saying " Better check, double check then triple check as he (me) will definitely be snagging this one"

It is difficult to snag from photos but the gaps look good as does the finishing of the worktop where it meets the cupboards.

If you look hard enough you can snag any works, just ask my staff. They hate it when I turn up for the snagging meetings.

I'm currently having some building works being done on the house as we have had a job fall down and I heard my lads saying " Better check, double check then triple check as he (me) will definitely be snagging this one"
I can only imagine what they say when you can’t hear them:whistle::rofl:

I'm a little OCD and to be honest i would have to be really picky to pick any faults up... a couple of smudges here and there that wiped off... and considering the amount of work involved then i'll forgive him for that...!

I'll try and get some close ups of the joins, but the solid oak work top has turned out well... probably better than i had imagined...

Finish of the units is particulary good, he did say that they made the overhead cupboard 3 times though before they were happy with the quality of finish.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Brandon and all his team. I had a diesel heater fitted by them today. The effort they took making sure I was kept informed with with all that they were doing was amazing. It made me feel as if they were taking as much care with my van as if it were their own. I’ve never felt this at any other place I have been.

Back