Which? roof rails for a T6?

These roof rails (made by Omtec) specifically fit using the factory mounting points set into the channels on each side of the roof. I suspect any pop-top covers these completely, so they aren’t suitable.

Pete
Thanks, I had a feeling that might be the case.

I'm just about to fit mine. Just sized up the fit, and i'm not sure I like the idea of the plastic feet sitting directly on the body. Is that how they all are, or is it just mine?
Thanks

I'm just about to fit mine. Just sized up the fit, and i'm not sure I like the idea of the plastic feet sitting directly on the body. Is that how they all are, or is it just mine?
Thanks
That’s how they go!!! Don’t forget the foam washers. That’s whet keeps the rain out.

Cheers. Didn’t come with foam washers, but it did come with a tube of sealant.

Bloody niggling me now. Picking away at the back of my brain.
Stud bar, flanged nylocs, and nylon washers on order.
Next weekends job :rolleyes:

In the process of buying a used T6 that does not have roof rails. Quite a few options out there for aftermarket rails but I have no idea which will be decent.

I'm guessing the cheaper ones might corrode more etc?

Keen to hear any recommendations.

Thanks.

The OEM rails and bars made by Omtec are good - available direct from VW dealers at a reasonable price too.
The cheaper ones don’t tend to have the same carrying capacity.
Whatever you get, make sure they are sealed properly or they will leak. There is a long thread on this somewhere on here.

Pete

This one

I finally bought my T6 so can now pick this up again.

Thanks for previous responses. The seal trick looks perfect.

A quick search suggests the Omtec ones are currently hard to come by (seen to be sold out everywhere).

Has anyone had any luck with bars from elsewhere? I was looking at these:

Ta

Probably don't need to carry much. On the other hand, I've no reason not to buy the Omtec ones except that I can't find them anywhere..

I've just ordered some Omtec roof rails from VW, and they are ready to pick up. No word from them struggling with stock.

That's helpful, thanks. Is this a VW dealership or VW van centre you've dealt with? My local van centre are pretty flaky. Getting them to answer the phone is a task in itself. Maybe that's the issue.

Ohhh, and what did they want for them?

Cheers.

West Yorkshire van centre (VW Bradford ) and £99 I think. They have a service centre in Leeds as well with a parts dept.

No idea if they are Omtec (the VW centre had never heard of them?) but the parts dept said they can order me some oem 75kg ones for £114.

Giving them a try.

My van has the roof bars and cross bars from vw, will be coming off in the next week or two,
if any one interested

My van has the roof bars and cross bars from vw, will be coming off in the next week or two,
if any one interested
Have you still got these? I'd be after the cross bars as genuine ones (Omtec) are sold out online.

Back