Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

This has got me thinking that I should get a dash cam especially as travelling at peak times will become part of my new routine. Can anybody recommend a simple to use/ download dash cam please?
Recommend the Nextbase. I have a 522GW, the wife and son both have the 422GW. All of these vehicles have the optional fitment of the rear facing camera as well. Definitely worth the money and they are not too expensive. Really easy to install and setup. Bought the wife her’s for Christmas and installed both camera’s and hard wired it to an ignition live in a couple of hours on Boxing Day. Halfords sell them, and you can also buy direct from Nextbase. There are often package deals to be had (front/ rear/ card/ hard wiring kit).
It is the worry about incidents like this that made me get one in the first place.

Recommend the Nextbase. I have a 522GW, the wife and son both have the 422GW. All of these vehicles have the optional fitment of the rear facing camera as well. Definitely worth the money and they are not too expensive. Really easy to install and setup. Bought the wife her’s for Christmas and installed both camera’s and hard wired it to an ignition live in a couple of hours on Boxing Day. Halfords sell them, and you can also buy direct from Nextbase. There are often package deals to be had (front/ rear/ card/ hard wiring kit).
It is the worry about incidents like this that made me get one in the first place.
Thanks DaveyB: I've ordered a Nextbase kit from Halfords (price was as good as any on "T Bay"). Off to collect it when the shop opens. I suspect that it might not be the last I buy.

The directly attached rear view add-on looks easy, is there enough of a view through the length of a T6? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Following my accident last week, I've been looking at the the Nextbase range which can also be used with a rear facing camera that appears to fix to the glass in the tailgate / barn door. Does anybody know how well they work with the very dark tint that most aftermarket campervan windows have nowadays?

Following my accident last week, I've been looking at the the Nextbase range which can also be used with a rear facing camera that appears to fix to the glass in the tailgate / barn door. Does anybody know how well they work with the very dark tint that most aftermarket campervan windows have nowadays?
No problems at all, I have been using one for three years now in my T6, picture is perfect front and back even in the dark.

Wanted to know if anyone has a good set up they can recommend as just been rear ended lucky for me no damage as have a wrapped back bumper just need to replace vinyl. But for further protection.

I have used several thinkware units over the years, I have an F750 front and rear in my van although it’s a good few years old now and also have F50 in all our work vans that are cheap and cheerful front only units
Just added an F200 front and rear on our new car a couple weeks ago and that performs pretty well and has reasonable picture for a budget/lower end setup

The only thing I would add about thinkware though is that most if not all of them talk to you when you turn the ignition on and not all models can be silenced so highly annoying if you get a model that can’t have the volume turned off !

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
I have a Blackvue DR900 dual camera. 4K front camera and a full HD rear camera.
When I first got it I had problems with the Wifi connection to my phone, but firmware updates since then seem to have fixed this. I’ve wired it up to my leisure battery (except for the ignition feed) so the starter battery is never drained when in Parking mode. It also announces all sorts, but there are options to mute these.

I have the Thinkware F770 front and rear which seem to work well, no issues to date.. Only tells me when the internal memory is full and needs emptying.:cool:

I have this, front and rear camera, works really well for the money, wired to my leisure battery

18D83A13-7770-4118-B504-3B95D21140F6.jpegCC6F504F-2EF8-4C87-B4BA-05FD35D266E8.jpegF4B31724-1AA8-40E6-96A5-F6AB1667D670.jpeg

I have a nextbase 402g in my work van. Thought ot was great at first, but after 6 months i noticed that when i turned off the ignition it just kept turning on and off. Turned out the internal battery had failed. This also ment thet the last recording corrupted.

It was replaced by halfords but again after 6 months the new one is doing the same..
I went through two of these. Faulty out the box. No rear camera and would power on on the second one. Nextbase kept telling me it was my memory card and would have to buy one of theirs. Did that (@ inflated price); guess what, still faulty. They run very hot because they have all sorts running in the background... wireless and Alexa. Never again Nextbase!! . I went for a Toguard 12"front and rear camera which works great and has done for the last year.

I'm on my third Nextbase. Fine when are working, but all seem to go the same way, software faults then battery, then dead. I've only gone back to them as two failed under warranty and the third....only time will tell.

Anyone tried the Kenwood DRV A691W ?

Looking at options for a front and rear set up and it seems to get decent review on some of the independent reviews.

Back