Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Sorry if this is a regular post if so please point me in the right direction.

Recommendations wanted for a good dash cam for the van!

Cheers

I have the Blackvue DR750X 2 Ch which has never let me down plus it has an additional battery backup if you wish it to record when your van is parked up.
It is expensive but they way I see it, you get what you pay for and better safe than sorry.

Tbattery backup is at an additional cost though.

I've just fitted the Thinkware F200. Nice bit of kit and connects to an app on the phone. I've got the permanent live, for parking mode, wired up to the leisure battery. You can set the minimum battery voltage so parking mode is disabled if the battery voltage gets too low.

I also have the Blackvue DR750 but the single channel (front only) version. I have had a variety of Blackvue products over the years and have always been very pleased with them. One of the reasons I went Blackvue is because I like something very small in the front window and without a screen. I find the front dashcams with screens either too large or the screen too distracting.

Looking for a dash cam for my son around £150 any recommendations ( and probably 1 for myself as its nearly xmas ;) )

TIA

I have always used Blackvue as they offer front and rear cameras.
Best thing you can do is go and review ones within your budget. Google is your friend here.

I’d recommend Nextbase.... I’ve had the 312GW for over three years now and I can’t fault it. You can buy the hard wire kit to go with it and also connect it directly to your phone or tablet. :thumbsup:

I’ve fitted 3 garmin dash cams and have been impressed with the image quality and ease of use. Halfrauds were doing them for £109. Hard wire kits are an extra £20 though.

I have three DDPai dashcam's on the go at the moment, Two M6+'s which are front facing only, and I've just bought one of their Mola E3's which is a combination dashcam and rear view mirror/camera screen.
I fitted this into my Jimny initially, but it's so good I'm thinking of getting another for the van, the rear view is great and can be swivelled up and down for reversing.

Thinkware Q800 Pro - front and rear, remote access, permanent recording (running them off my twin 100Ah leisure batteries), automatic cloud upload of incidents. 1440 QHD front, full HD rear.

Thinkware Q800 Pro - front and rear, remote access, permanent recording (running them off my twin 100Ah leisure batteries), automatic cloud upload of incidents. 1440 QHD front, full HD rear.
I’m looking for someone to install one of these in a camper. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I’m looking for someone to install one of these in a camper. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Three Bridge put mine in during the conversion. They also use BlackVue. Their main concern when I chose the Thinkware was getting the cable for the rear camera through the small opening in the tailgate inner as some manufacturers use chunky connectors, but apparently this was not an issue in the end. I got the impression that it was a pretty easy install (although that's probably from the viewpoint of a company that rips these vans apart for a living!)

Yeah, it’s really running the rear camera wiring that I’m willing to pay for the installation for.

Have used Thinkware front and rear cameras on my van and car for a few years now. Good clear video and the app is easy to use.

And this is my unit hardwired after ignition plus fuse ;).
Got it on Ebay for approximately €35 = £32 and I am extremely happy with the video and sound quality.
Wi-Fi access with my mobile is also extremely handy and convenient.

View attachment 67408View attachment 67409View attachment 67410
Forgot to post the link to my unit :eek:

Reactions: mmi
Back