Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

Anyone got Vanshades and got any tips on how to accommodate a rear view camera?

I have a rear tailgate Vanshade in my van.
I have a Blackvue DR900S rear camera stuck to the glass with the standard mount and it doesn't affect the operation of the shade.

I have a rear tailgate Vanshade in my van.
I have a Blackvue DR900S rear camera stuck to the glass with the standard mount and it doesn't affect the operation of the shade.
Excellent. I'm hoping that the Garmin Mini 2 is low enough profile to do the same. Do you have a photo of the mounting of your rear Blackvue camera?

I have just ordered a Garmin Mini 2 to collect tomorrow.

I was going to get a second one for the rear view, but I have a Vanshade pod on the rear windscreen and can't see what camera option would work without being a faff when pulling the Vanshade blind.

Anyone got Vanshades and got any tips on how to accommodate a rear view camera?
I have the spherical-shaped Nextbase rear cam mounted on the glass. Fits perfectly without any interference behind my vanshade. There’s quite a bit of space. It’s tidy.

Do you have a photo of the mounting of your rear Blackvue camera?

I'll try and get some later, it's not the easiest thing to photograph to be honest.
I have put some pics of it somewhere in a dash cam thread on here but probably easier to take some new ones.

I have put some pics of it somewhere in a dash cam thread on here but probably easier to take some new ones.

Found them.

Excellent, thank you.

After a bit of experimenting with my new Garmin Mini 2, I found that it will fit neatly in the cavity behind the Vanshade.

In my mind, I thought I'd be able to mount the camera to peer between the transverse bars on the bike rack, so that the view wasn't obscured too much. Unfortunately, with the wide angle of the lens, I've decided that it's not worth the cost/effort, as the bike rack limits the picture so much.

Installation of the front Mini 2 was a bit of a work up, due to struggling to find a convenient ground..... A "feature" of the dashcam is that it requires the ignition feed to be turned on and then off for parking mode to activate. (There is nowt in any of Garmin's literature to tell you this.)

A combination of a bad earth and this "feature" caused me to get my knickers in a right knot!

All sorted now but this quick job took me three hours to install!

Not happy with my new "Garmin Mini 2".

It is behaving so oddly it is difficult to identify what my problem is:

After having some issues with the parking mode "dropping out", I put this down to a low voltage issue from an unreliable grounding point. I therefore ran the negative back to my common negative which I know to be good and I thought that this had resolved my issue.

However, it it seems that the little device is still doing odd things and the status LED is now turning solid green (annoyingly only now and again), when the ignition is turned on. Having said this, the parking mode is now working fine and not "dropping out".

The below picture shows the thing behaving correctly with flashing red LED in parking mode. My issue is that this led is turning solid green on starting the van, but only now and again.
Garmin Mini.jpg
Each time that this has occurred I have noted that the camera is getting pretty hot.
Pulling the power cable out, letting it cool seems to fix it, but I am not sure if i should just take this thing back to Halfords and ask for a replacement.

Any Garmin boffin's out there that can feedback why I may be having such issues? I thought was going to be a quick "fit and forget" job!

Not happy with my new "Garmin Mini 2".

It is behaving so oddly it is difficult to identify what my problem is:

After having some issues with the parking mode "dropping out", I put this down to a low voltage issue from an unreliable grounding point. I therefore ran the negative back to my common negative which I know to be good and I thought that this had resolved my issue.

However, it it seems that the little device is still doing odd things and the status LED is now turning solid green (annoyingly only now and again), when the ignition is turned on. Having said this, the parking mode is now working fine and not "dropping out".

The below picture shows the thing behaving correctly with flashing red LED in parking mode. My issue is that this led is turning solid green on starting the van, but only now and again.
View attachment 176326
Each time that this has occurred I have noted that the camera is getting pretty hot.
Pulling the power cable out, letting it cool seems to fix it, but I am not sure if i should just take this thing back to Halfords and ask for a replacement.

Any Garmin boffin's out there that can feedback why I may be having such issues? I thought was going to be a quick "fit and forget" job!
No idea what the issue is but I had a 5 year old reversing camera replaced by Garmin without quibble, well out of guarantee. Try the Garmin technical support contact.

Okay, so I have sorted my woes with my Garmin Mini 2.
Turns out that there were a few things that needed considering. I've started a new thread to avoid hijacking this one!

Just had a Wolfbox G900 ( mirror cam) fitted, 4K front camera and 2k rear camera. Slips over original front mirror and rear camera fits above the number plate. Lovely piece of kit and on deal via Amazon

Just had a Wolfbox G900 ( mirror cam) fitted, 4K front camera and 2k rear camera. Slips over original front mirror and rear camera fits above the number plate. Lovely piece of kit and on deal via Amazon
I fitted one of these a few weeks ago and am generally very happy with it although occasionally it does randomly switch into reversing camera mode even though it is not connected up to do that and the reversing mode is disabled on the head unit. I've not pinned it down yet but it does seem more prevalent when it is particularly cold...

Sorry, been checking this and other threads, but really struggling to find a Dashcam and Reversting cam that will work with a converted camper with no windows in the back.

Ideally looking for a rear camera that runs on battery and links to a monitor / rear view mirror. Any recommendations please?

@charlieuk71. Although nowadays I've got hardwired Kenwood front and rear camera for my Kenwood head unit before they were fitted, I used an Autovox TW1 which is rechargeable battery powered and speaks wirelessly to a small separate monitor in the van which is powered from a 12V socket as my everyday reversing camera. Nowadays, I still use it when I've got my towbar mounted rack fitted (obvs, it's fixed to the rack):
Search my posts - I think I did a review on here some time ago with pictures.

Does anyone know of a currently available dashcam that has a permanent speed readout on the screen? I currently use a Mio camera in the T6 which has been good for five years or more but is gradually failing some functions, mainly touch screen features. I now want a new one to go in the new TGE.

Does anyone know of a currently available dashcam that has a permanent speed readout on the screen? I currently use a Mio camera in the T6 which has been good for five years or more but is gradually failing some functions, mainly touch screen features. I now want a new one to go in the new TGE.
Wolfbox G900 does

Back