Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

Rick

Builder
T6 Pro
Will be collecting lwb 150 kombi dsg in October and looking to buy a dash cam and if anyone has any recommendations to which one to look at please let me know

The main decisions to make with budget in mind are if you want front and back or just front cameras, the picture quality you are after and how you want to fit it ie hardwired or cig plug job
Been a few months since i bought mine but was after front and rear HD quality hardwired unit, i narrowed it down to blackvue, lukas or thinkware and ended up buying Thinkware F750

I've just fitted a Nextbase 312. £89 from Halfords or Amazon and a tenner for a power kit. If someone can figure out some way of fitting a real one as easily I'm interested, and for that matter a full 360 degrees would help. Then maybe a huge sticker saying " don't drive into me, you daft old sod in your tipper truck, because I'm watching you".

Sorry rant over..

Yeah the next base ones come with a piggy back fuse holder that plugs right into fusebox if you buy the additional wiring kit, makes it a lot easier to install

I've got the garmin satnav/dashcam combo, it works really well

I looked around and eventually settled on 2 of these for front and rear: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-HP-F-310-F-310-Car-Camcorder/dp/B00F50N4SK (I paid £40 for each but they're up a few quid now). Very impressed with picture quality even at night. Figured it was worth a punt at that price, and if I desired better picture quality then bump one into the wife's car and buy a better front one.

Tucks nicely beside the rear view mirror in a T5 so imagine T6 will be identical. Shame the sucker mount won't stick to the shaded/dotted area of glass around the mirror though but that's the same for all suction mounts I imagine.

Just having issues wiring into a switched ignition in my T5 - I'm aware of fuse 19, etc but just need to do the work.

I'm going for the Thinkware F770 front and rear Thinkware F770 Front & Rear Dash Cam
gets great tekkie reviews from the dash cam geeks, has the very fast A7 chip with a very stable 10MB/sec video record rate and includes gps/speed/and lane departure etc..

The lane deviation, forward collision warning & speed beeper are really annoying I turned them all off in the end
In fact someone door bashed me and didn't record so I turned all sensitivities to max and once happy with all settings turned sound off

Thinkware f770 - fully fitted dual channel for an expensive £318...

Could have done it myself but for £50 - saving me time and allow other mods that money can't buy thought why the hell not. Hardware for great parking mode security. Offer on fitting until the 4th.

Another one for the F770 here. Been reading up on cams for ages whilst waiting for the van to arrive.
Thanks for the heads up on the fitting offer. I'd have missed that but for your post. :thumbsup:

Mines booked in for next week, I've been looking for a while; but its great when forum members hone in on a recommend product, and share their info:):):) Thank You all

Where are you guys getting the F770 from? I've seen it on RAC shop fitted for £328 which sounds good to me just not sure how well it would be fitted

Need to get something for myself and my wife car, she had someone reverse into her the other week would have been handy to have some evidence to speed the insurance along

I have a nextbase 402g in my work van. Thought ot was great at first, but after 6 months i noticed that when i turned off the ignition it just kept turning on and off. Turned out the internal battery had failed. This also ment thet the last recording corrupted.

It was replaced by halfords but again after 6 months the new one is doing the same..

Where are you guys getting the F770 from? I've seen it on RAC shop fitted for £328 which sounds good to me just not sure how well it would be fitted

Need to get something for myself and my wife car, she had someone reverse into her the other week would have been handy to have some evidence to speed the insurance along

Yep RAC, although it is actually a company called Chameleon Codewing, who just use RAC as a reseller I think. So far it all seems professional enough I will have to wait and see next week. I would hope that with the RAC effectively branding it, they would have carried out due diiligance to ensure everything is bona-fide. Fingers crossed;). And I will have proper redress if there are any problems

Hey everyone had my camera (F770 Fro nt and Rear) fitted and hard wired in today by Chameleon. Really good job...... but it took the fitter about 4 hours to do - he told me he normally does a fit in about 90 mins. He said he wont be volunteering to do a T6 again. Had a nightmare getting the camera into the tailgate. Best £50 I spent on the van so far!!! The cameras are very good too - gave them a quick test, updated the firmware and added the speed cameras. Apps and Windows/Mac player is pretty good too.

IMG_3577.JPG IMG_3577.JPG IMG_3578.JPG IMG_3579.JPG

I got my Road Hawk swapped out after loads of problems with it, replaced with a F770 seems really good so far.

Mine was fitted by the guys who do all our auto electrics and trackers who do a lot of work for Chameleon. They are based near us in Colchester and just use local subcontractors with very few of their own staff.

When the guy fitted mine he took both the switched and perm live from the head light switch.

Had a scary incident on the way back from work today- a low loader with a car on the back which was also towing another car, decided for no apparent reason to swap lanes from the inside lane to the outside while I was going past. This happened in an area of the motorway which was undergoing roadworks, so I had nowhere to go except over to the right hand side into a line of traffic cones. I was bumping along the black rubber bases of the cones and luckily only one cone has made contact with my front o/s wing, which should hopefully polish out o.k.
I blew my horn and flashed my lights (H4's, so he can be forgiven for not seeing them :rofl:) but he was totally oblivious to what he'd done.
I decided to stop in at the next available Halfords and purchase a NextBase 312 cam. I always intended getting a dual camera setup, but as usual never got round to it and was too hyped after the near-miss to wait and just got this one.

Scary @CRD, I keep pondering the dash cam thing. How much was your nextbase and how easy is it to fit?

Back