Which? Aftermarket Headlight choices

Some vids of my V3’s today

Only from the side on view do they become quite dim, but then the side repeaters are bright.

And they are brighter in real life than on the videos

Some vids of my V3’s today

Only from the side on view do they become quite dim, but then the side repeaters are bright.
Pretty much the same as mine tbh.....still not as bright as I was expecting them to be...THQ pride themselves on testing their equipment before releasing it for sale, feel abit let down with this tho

yeah, dead ahead could be brighter. the second vid, which is kind of from the perspective of how other cars may see them at junctions, it the brightest.
side on, total shite and its the side repeater doing all the work.

I think more LED's in the indicator strip with higher output should solve it.

Pretty much the same as mine tbh.....still not as bright as I was expecting them to be...THQ pride themselves on testing their equipment before releasing it for sale, feel abit let down with this tho
Yip , probably didn’t test them in summer .
The danger comes if you don’t realise how dim they are and you take it for granted that other drivers can see them
I just drive very cautiously and presume nobody has seen my front indicators
It definitely lets down a otherwise good looking unit

they would have to build a v4
When speaking to THQ before I bought a set of V2's last December I doubt they will build anymore for the T6, probably just build upon what they have learnt for the T6.1 and T7. Apparently they find it difficult to get the manufacturer to build units for previous models

That is very annoying that they have changed the diffuser , I’ve had quite a few incidents where people can’t see the indicators on a bright day , I wonder if they have changed it because of this issue

I’ll be very interested to know if they are better

Rant over
I've just ordered a set of THQ V3 with the clear diffuser....will be fitting them tomorrow so will let you know if they are brighter.....Im hopeful they will be.... Needless to say, my V3 with white diffuser will be up for sale if anyone is interested and wants to grab a bargain...

Well.....fitted the THQ V3 clear diffuser this morning. They are brighter and im really happy with them...whilst the bumper was off I also fitted a front splitter from Vanstyle.
The white diffuser headlights are now up for sale, I will list them shortly

20220716_140217.jpg

20220716_140211.jpg

20220716_140145.jpg

20220716_140137.jpg

Like any DRL they are less noticable in direct sunlight, and not as bright as oem, but they are aftermarket headlights when all said and done. The clear diffuser does look better in my opinion.

I am Looking at ordering a set for mine and just wounding if you have any photos without the lights on with the new clear lenses.
they only seem to have photos of the white diffuser on the site. Had the van six years now and can’t go through another winter with the standard lights.I was going for the led dipped and nightbreaker main in black.
thanks.

I am Looking at ordering a set for mine and just wounding if you have any photos without the lights on with the new clear lenses.
they only seem to have photos of the white diffuser on the site. Had the van six years now and can’t go through another winter with the standard lights.I was going for the led dipped and nightbreaker main in black.
thanks.
20220823_171017.jpg

20220823_171028.jpg

Hope that helps out

Hope that helps out

Thanks
I have a standard highline Combi I use for work so just want good lights with a standard look.
Does the manual light high adjustment on dash still work with this so I can lower if towing .
Thanks.
Keith

Last edited:
Thanks
I have a standard highline Combi I use for work so just want good lights with a standard look.
Does the manual light high adjustment on dash still work with this so I can lower if towing .
Thanks.
Keith
Yep....all works as standard

Thanks again for all the info I asked for .
Fitted the THQ headlamps with LED dipped bulbs yesterday and all ok so far.

I would recommend getting a trim clip tool as I broke a couple getting mine off with a screwdriver and remember you need to disconnect the frog light plug as you remove the bumper (not in the THQs video).

I removed bumper on my own by just putting the box the new lights came in on the floor in front of the bumper and standing it on that as I removed it .
I then used Carista Beta to combine dipped and main beam and all went ok.

Took in out last night for a quick set up and they are a massive improvement over the h4s well worth the money I wish I had change 6 years ago went I got the van.

I will post a few photos when I get it out in the new forest when the dark nights come in.

Thanks again for all the info I asked for .
Fitted the THQ headlamps with LED dipped bulbs yesterday and all ok so far.

I would recommend getting a trim clip tool as I broke a couple getting mine off with a screwdriver and remember you need to disconnect the frog light plug as you remove the bumper (not in the THQs video).

I removed bumper on my own by just putting the box the new lights came in on the floor in front of the bumper and standing it on that as I removed it .
I then used Carista Beta to combine dipped and main beam and all went ok.

Took in out last night for a quick set up and they are a massive improvement over the h4s well worth the money I wish I had change 6 years ago went I got the van.

I will post a few photos when I get it out in the new forest when the dark nights come in.
Glad to hear the fitting went ok

OK, so I've discounted the used LHD LED option and now I'm going round in circles on whether to fit OEM H7s with Night Breakers or go for THQs V3 LED DRLs - I know there's a ton of stuff in here about this - I think that's the reason my head is spinning!
My mechanic says he's wary of aftermarket lights due to the seals, any opinions on that?

OK, so I've discounted the used LHD LED option and now I'm going round in circles on whether to fit OEM H7s with Night Breakers or go for THQs V3 LED DRLs - I know there's a ton of stuff in here about this - I think that's the reason my head is spinning! My mechanic says he's wary of aftermarket lights due to the seals, any opinions on that?

I've had THQ V1s for nearly 3 years and they have been faultless. If you are thinking of V3s, make sure you get the revised versions with the brighter DRLs and Indicators. The first ones were really dim.

Back