Which? Aftermarket Headlight choices

They look like H7s to me. There is a known issue where the clip in contacts on the DRLs overheat and fail hence the VW modified bulb holder

Reactions: CAB
@Lutty

Have a read of this….

Has anyone managed to code out the bulb warning on vcds? If so can you tell me what menus/changes need fiddling with… before I try to find a friendly forum member who might be able to help

I know this is a thread about headlights but just wondering what people think about the THQ LED rears? I have the standard halogens at the minute and would love some brighter reversing lights, planning on running the cables to fit the LED twin reversing lights. I like the look of the smoke THQ ones but does the darkness reduce the output much?

I know this is a thread about headlights but just wondering what people think about the THQ LED rears? I have the standard halogens at the minute and would love some brighter reversing lights, planning on running the cables to fit the LED twin reversing lights. I like the look of the smoke THQ ones but does the darkness reduce the output much?
The LED rears from THQ are really good I upgraded to the red ones for twin reversing lights and its a million times better than the single pitiful halogen on the OEM lights. I can actually use them for reversing in the dark.
afraid I cant comment on the smoke but doubt it reduces it much as works like tinted glass, stops light going in not out.

I've got the smoked THQ ones and they are fine, I may be changing them so when I become a VIP I'll put them in the for sale bit :)

Hi all
Thanks for info, I still need to know what type of headlight I've got as from your feedbacks its still not conclusive
Thanks Dave

Hi all
Thanks for info, I still need to know what type of headlight I've got as from your feedbacks its still not conclusive
Thanks Dave
You have H7s, as has been stated twice.

Sometimes known as T6 Caravelle headlights, or twin reflectors.

Here is a pic from the forum:
full?d=1664318917.jpg

Search T6 headlight on ebay, learn the difference between the H4s and your H7s. I look for the little bulb sticking out below the main bulb, in H4s they are towards the outside, in H7s towards the inside.

Most on ebay will be H4s.

I often post ebay H7s on here:

Hi all
Thanks Dave
It’s right here, if in doubt take one off and there will be a label on the back.
bade-png.11513

EDIT: not my graphic, origianlly @Pauly (credit where credit is due!)

Set of H7s on ebay:

Hi All,

Looking to upgrade the cra**y OEM standard headlights on our T6 Caravelle to some flashy new DRL’s. Was considering either the V2’s or V3 option from TransporterHQ however noticed that VeeDub has a new option to the market -

Does anyone have these yet who can provide any feedback on performance, how they look in real life and how they may compare to the offerings from THQ?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have decent pictures of the all black V3 headlights fitted? Im close to pressing buy it now but can't decide between the all black or black and chrome.

Looking on the THQ website and I am confused by the bulb options that come with the headlights, and which ones to choose?

I am confused as to which ones to choose? Are they road legal as some say off road only? Do you understand now?

Strictly speaking anything other than 55 Watt halogen bulbs are not road legal, however the design of the projectors allows the use of LED or HID bulbs whilst still creating the correct beam pattern. For MOT testers, that is usually sufficient to pass. Many of us with these headlights have fitted LED or HID kits with no resulting problems at all. The choice is yours.

I have the THQ led tailgate rears, the surround version not 6.1 etc and they are significantly brighter than standard lights, and look fab too.. the reverse light is bright and my camera shows what I need, the leds are much better in every way I think:)

For what it’s worth, my comments on the THQ v3 DRLs that I have just bought and had fitted: DRL and indicator are the clear diffuser version and seem bright enough and look good. I’m less impressed with headlights. I ordered the brighter bulbs and was surprised when I found that a) THQ hadn’t installed them and b) the H7 was not the version described, including the Osram alternative. Probably better to buy with their standard bulbs and get the upgrades separately, and probably cheaper! The H7 is ok, without being startling, but is quite yellow, particularly against the LED DRLs. Pretty sure the dipped beam needs adjusting, it could throw the beam out further, I’ll try and adjust these myself, but I’m wary of falling foul of MoT compliant beam patterns. Interestingly, the THQ pictures on their website are LED bulbs, with settings adjusted for both dipped and main beams on together, and the white diffuser (now discontinued)…..they should probably show the stock lights in action to manage expectations. Overall I am pleased with them, they look great when not on/ stationary ( I have the ‘black version’ with chrome effect bar running across it), and look good with DRLs on. I haven’t really had a chance to do much night driving yet, so jury still out on their effectiveness overall but almost certainly much better than the awful standard T6 lights.

I'm guessing that you didn't see the 80odd page thread on here that determined all of what you have said and exhaustively tested the best alternative LED/HID lamps to fit in them.

Back