Which? Aftermarket Headlight choices

For what it’s worth, my comments on the THQ v3 DRLs that I have just bought and had fitted: DRL and indicator are the clear diffuser version and seem bright enough and look good. I’m less impressed with headlights. I ordered the brighter bulbs and was surprised when I found that a) THQ hadn’t installed them and b) the H7 was not the version described, including the Osram alternative. Probably better to buy with their standard bulbs and get the upgrades separately, and probably cheaper! The H7 is ok, without being startling, but is quite yellow, particularly against the LED DRLs. Pretty sure the dipped beam needs adjusting, it could throw the beam out further, I’ll try and adjust these myself, but I’m wary of falling foul of MoT compliant beam patterns. Interestingly, the THQ pictures on their website are LED bulbs, with settings adjusted for both dipped and main beams on together, and the white diffuser (now discontinued)…..they should probably show the stock lights in action to manage expectations. Overall I am pleased with them, they look great when not on/ stationary ( I have the ‘black version’ with chrome effect bar running across it), and look good with DRLs on. I haven’t really had a chance to do much night driving yet, so jury still out on their effectiveness overall but almost certainly much better than the awful standard T6 lights.
Correct, but I knew that HID/LED probably not road legal so I didn't consider them as an option (for me). I know that they will probably get through an MoT, but I would worry about an insurance company's response if they found out....

Back