Which? Aftermarket Headlight choices

Hi Matt
As you can see above I have just fitted a set of v3 clear defuser black with THQ leds and they are much better than any h4 or h7 VW lights.
You could put led in the VW lights but its not a good thing to do as you will dazzle other drivers . If I see a car coming towards me with this set up I hit my full beam on them.
Cost me about £550 but to me it is well worth the money if you can afford it. When fitting the led bulbs I marked the back of the fitting on fan with the direction of the yellow led on fitting so they go in with the led facing sideways in unit (3 and 9) o'clock. This will give you a good light patten with the shadow at the bottom out of site when sitting in the van. With the mark on the back of fan you can easily see into the unit when fitted to see if they have moved.
I drive on a lot of roads without street lights and these are need but if you run around town all the time with street lights probably not worth the cost.
Added photos of how good the cut off is with the leds and one with the main beam with the night breakers in.You won't get this with the VW units.
I will take a few when driving it at night and post.
Hope this helps
Keith

5C193B61-3FAA-489E-B7CC-547B85DA8763.jpeg

4AA98C09-6C4B-4FF1-B797-A33161DDA81A.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think THQ do them as they will need the bulb fault turning off on the van.You could fit your own.
So far they look ok to drive with as main beam have never caused me a problem just the dipped on the old lights.
Can you recommend any that work well .

I'm pretty sure these are the ones I have.

I'm not sure if they need bulb monitoring turning off or not. When I was going through the process of trying to find the best bulb combination for these lights, I may well have turned off all the monitoring as some point.

I don't think THQ do them as they will need the bulb fault turning off on the van.You could fit your own.
So far they look ok to drive with as main beam have never caused me a problem just the dipped on the old lights.
Can you recommend any that work well .
I have a brand new set of h1's from THQ, I didn't fit them as i went to OEM h7's instead.

If you want them, you can have for 30£ posted.

Thanks for the offer but they will need the bulb fault warning coded out.I only have carista that I used to turn on both lights at the same time but it won't turn off bulb warning .
Keith

Thanks for the offer but they will need the bulb fault warning coded out.I only have carista that I used to turn on both lights at the same time but it won't turn off bulb warning .
Keith
I'm sure you'll find someone on here close to you that would happily help out.

Hi Matt
As you can see above I have just fitted a set of v3 clear defuser black with THQ leds and they are much better than any h4 or h7 VW lights.
You could put led in the VW lights but its not a good thing to do as you will dazzle other drivers . If I see a car coming towards me with this set up I hit my full beam on them.
Cost me about £550 but to me it is well worth the money if you can afford it. When fitting the led bulbs I marked the back of the fitting on fan with the direction of the yellow led on fitting so they go in with the led facing sideways in unit (3 and 9) o'clock. This will give you a good light patten with the shadow at the bottom out of site when sitting in the van. With the mark on the back of fan you can easily see into the unit when fitted to see if they have moved.
I drive on a lot of roads without street lights and these are need but if you run around town all the time with street lights probably not worth the cost.
Added photos of how good the cut off is with the leds and one with the main beam with the night breakers in.You won't get this with the VW units.
I will take a few when driving it at night and post.
Hope this helps
Keith

View attachment 171830

View attachment 171831
Thanks for the info, Keith. I'm rural too so, I agree, well worth the spend. I have just placed an order for the all black limited edition version of THQ V3 with the bulb upgrades so looking forward to seeing the difference.

Sounds like I'm talking to experts here, but as newbie with a new 2018 T6 Highline conversion van, can someone tell me which set-up I have in the attached photo please and if possible what upgrades without recoding are available? Thanks guys.

Light.jpg

Sounds like I'm talking to experts here, but as newbie with a new 2018 T6 Highline conversion van, can someone tell me which set-up I have in the attached photo please and if possible what upgrades without recoding are available? Thanks guys.

View attachment 172247
Well there are far more qualified people here than me but as I've been doing a fair bit of research into this stuff recently, I would confidently say you have aftermarket headlights from Transporter HQ - the V2. As for upgrades, you would first need to check what bulbs you have in there. The H7 for dipped beam can be fitted with an LED bulb and the main beam could have an H1 Night Breaker by Osram.

Well there are far more qualified people here than me but as I've been doing a fair bit of research into this stuff recently, I would confidently say you have aftermarket headlights from Transporter HQ - the V2. As for upgrades, you would first need to check what bulbs you have in there. The H7 for dipped beam can be fitted with an LED bulb and the main beam could have an H1 Night Breaker by Osram.
Thank you MattD. Yes that looks right on the THQ website. I'll check bulbs at the weekend, cheers.

If you don’t have the leds in dipped beam then that will will give the best upgrade.
All so see if dipped stay on with the mains as this needs setting in ECU but will all so give a much better main beam.
keith.

If you don’t have the leds in dipped beam then that will will give the best upgrade.
All so see if dipped stay on with the mains as this needs setting in ECU but will all so give a much better main beam.
keith.
Having tried both LED and HID in the dipped beam I'd definitely go HID, it's much better suited to the projector.

Hi all,
Looking for a good condition head light for my T6 2016 LWB T32. Any out there for sale
Thanks
Dave

Hi, are yours damaged and you want like for like or you upgrading? What units you got?

I believe there standard ones. I've got an issue with the day running light. Dodgy connection been fixed twice now just want to replace unit
Thanks Dave

If they are H7 lights - VW sell an upgraded hard wired bulb holder - just need a soldering iron and some heat shrink sleeve. (& solder)

Back