Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Yesterday my wife visited a car park. The van fitted under the barrier but it had an angle bit either end which she managed to hit. Gutted.

I was due to call CMC to get a poptop fitted. Hoping they can fix this at the same time.

VW1.jpg

VW2.jpg

Yesterday my wife visited a car park. The van fitted under the barrier but it had an angle bit either end which she managed to hit. Gutted.

I was due to call CMC to get a poptop fitted. Hoping they can fix this at the same time.

View attachment 176503

View attachment 176504
gutted for you mate, hope you can get it sorted!

on another note, maybe this will be the opportunity (if you haven't already) to get the sign off from the chief supervisor on lowering the van?

I already have the go ahead. Its just the current climate is making us hold on to our money atm. Wifey lost her job, so we were being careful and kind of paused the campervan conversion until things perked up.

I sold the lowering on the auto level function of the air VB system. Of course, I never mentioned the lowering stance or slamming ability of the system. :D

Reactions: CAB
I already have the go ahead. Its just the current climate is making us hold on to our money atm. Wifey lost her job, so we were being careful and kind of paused the campervan conversion until things perked up.

I sold the lowering on the auto level function of the air VB system. Of course, I never mentioned the lowering stance or slamming ability of the system. :D
well played on the 'leveling function' :thumbsup:

not so nice to hear she lost her job, hope things pick up for you both

Hopefully your luck will soon take a turn for the better.

Start my drive back up through Spain tomorrow, and then into France on Sunday. Not been the most successful of trips, what with my wheel and then my phone (screen was replaced at the beginning of this week). My wife was due to fly down to Spain on Wednesday after my mate left, but she got quite ill the week I left so she couldn't fly out. That buggered our plans of being in Spain until next week and then a leisurely drive through France. As it is, I'll be back in the UK on Tuesday, if I spend Mon night in France, or I'll get a late crossing and spend Monday night in the UK before driving home.

Anyway, I got rid of a few thousand KM's worth of flies just now and fuelled it @ €1.84 a litre, which is the cheapest I have seen it in the area.

52443647605_94d0565a92_c.jpgvan wash Rojales by Nigel G, on Flickr

So last part of our Spain trip and we are now camping in San Sebastien with a couple of Californias for company. Stopped off at a small town called Olite on the way which has a great castle to visit. Dinner in San Sebastien tonight then off to Bilbao tomorrow for the ferry…

EEFA64B4-BF81-42B8-83CF-6464CD398CD9.pngAE34CE0B-2A63-45E6-8AE1-E186BB883777.png75D3E41D-C9DC-489D-ABEF-BF43EF939207.jpeg

Not today but yesterday, we took what should have been an easy drive to the NEC for the Motorhome and Caravanning Show. It was peeing down most of the way there and roadworks on the M5 as well as a breakdown and a 3 car plus 1 motor bike crash on the M42 turned what should have been a 75 minute journey into 3 hours (I've done it late at night in an hour before now!). As a consequence of all that, we had to park in one of the NEC north car parks which it seemed like Sutton Coldfield by the time we walked to the show in the rain as we didn't want to get on a very packed courtesy bus! All that wouldn't have been so bad except that I wasn't particularly impressed by the show itself. and the nearly two hour journey home meant that we had spent far longer traveling to and from it than walking around the show. Suffice to say, I don't think we will be going again for a few years.

Llandyn Holiday Park, following @Loz 's mention.

Mrs CAB was expecting bars, swimming pools and vast play areas when she saw the site name, but the only thing here is a milk (and coffee) shed!

Very nice site though, great walking on the Eglwyseg Escarpment.

DSC_5500.JPG

DSC_5509.JPG

Home!! end of our 3 week Spanish adventure last night, 2419 miles and god knows how much diesel !!. Van ran really well apart from a EML light coming on once on a particularly hot day, reset with Carista and ran some premium fuel through and it didn't return. In hindsight probably too much travelling in 3 weeks but some great roads in Spain and Portugal, some good campsite with no need to book, and some very friendly locals. Things to work on before the next trip include some kind of mozzie net so I can have windows open at night, a small fan for those particularly hot nights and some better outside lighting so we can sit out longer at night. Thanks to those who posted some tips on where to go and what to see, hope tmy photos of the trip were of interest...... now to plan the next trip !!!

Half term short break to Dorset.

Snuck from one pitch to another, to avoid suspicion that I had ruined the field!

I should have gone 4 motion!....... I knew it when I ordered it, but it is so rare that I need it!

I love my van but it is seriously crap in a field!

This horrid scar on the farmers field was achieved whilst screaming to the kids "Yeah!...... Scream for Speed girls, scream for speed!...... Speed is you friend!"...... Then I had to quickly grow up when I reached the pitch and deal with the fact I'd blocked the exhaust of the Wallas hob with mud, which took me about an hour to fix!
Had to apologise to the farmer too! I've got traction mats and everything, but it was pissing with rain and who wants to get out to deal with that slow process, when you can rally a T6 into a pitch!520C58AB-DEA2-4A09-B97F-2A0422BF5FF0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back