Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

@Ghost. I've obviously not seen the original image but I suspect that's got the basis of a nice photo - just needs a bit of cropping and processing in Photoshop or similar. I'm not generally a fan of the trend that some have adopted of converting everything to black and white as I reckon they usually just take a poor picture and make it even poorer by converting to B&W it in an attempt to look 'arty' but I reckon it would work well in that case.

Hi @Ayjay , thank you.
I only cropped the photo, no filters added, it was taken on my iPhone while sitting in the van, only did a quick crop to cut the door panel out, lol.
I wish I had the time and the know-how to photoshop some of my photos, but happy for anyone to work on the photos I post. :thumbsup:

So, I set off from my house in Spain on Saturday morning for a drive of around 7 hours to a campsite I had booked in Blanes, north of Barcelona. I have driven along the motorway many times and always seen this castle up on a hill. I stopped there to look but as it was 0830 ish, all I did was look up, and take a photo. Didn't have time to make the trek up the hill. That'll be another day. It is in a town called Sax.

View attachment 177225IMG_3960 by Nigel G, on Flickr

I had specific instructions to stop at a vineyard not far from Barcelona, en route to the site. A bit of deja vu as we were only there in June this year but SWMBO needed more wine. I had to try a couple of different wines first to decide on some reds. . I had to park the van near the delivery doors for the boxes.;)

View attachment 177226Untitled by Nigel G, on Flickr

Arrived at the site in Blanes around 1500. reception was closed, so found myself a pitch and made a Sandwich Cubano and opened a bottle whilst I waited. We were in Blanes about a year ago but stayed on a different site. this one was closer to the town. Great town and the site is literally across the road to the beach.

View attachment 177227IMG_3968 by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 177228IMG_3970 by Nigel G, on Flickr

Dragged myself out of my pit around sunrise, which is quite late, 8 ish. Had breakfast ready for a long drive to Dijon.

The zebra crossing starts at the gate to the site.

View attachment 1772297715749C-0C51-47A7-A6C6-0145B997FCB9 by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 177230F88E8CFC-F89C-4A17-811E-40D0FA022994 by Nigel G, on Flickr

It was a long drive to Dijon. I was going to stop on an Aire on the motorway, but decided I'd try to find a site nearer the city. this one was only a couple of KM walk from the city and was only €12 for the night. Got there around 1800 and the walked into town for a lonesome meal.

View attachment 177231IMG_4048 by Nigel G, on Flickr

Left there on Monday morning to head to Calais. Had a crap nights sleep, so ended up parking up at an aire on the way for a good snooze. I booked myself into a cheap hotel near the tunnel for the night and caught the train this morning. I was booked onto the 1020 train, got to the Eurotunnel site at 0820 offered the 0920 crossing but ended up on the 0850 instead. Then I hit the M25 and M6 traffic queues. I'd much rather have still been on French or Spanish roads.

Not quite the trip back as I'd have hoped but as my wife was ill and didn't join me, I cut it short and just basically drove. If she'd flown out to join me, we would still have =been there until the end of the month. At least I caused no more damage to me, my van or any other of my property!
Has Uri Geller been playing with your breakfast cutlery?!!

Nowhere fancy just out for a local 8 mile circular walk in Bedfordshire fresh air. Car park would make a cracking quiet overnight park up next to a church and paddocks , although appears to have cctv so guess that’s a no no. Even made a nice brew afterwards

C646F7AE-237A-4CD4-8884-A9682402FFD7.jpeg

Over the border down into Derbyshire today. Daft idea of having a walk in the Peak District with the dog.
Parked up in Edale and scaled one of the peaks in lashing rain and wind!
Returned to the van for a brew soaked.
Renaged on the brew as we were cold and wet. Opted for the drive home with heater on max and heated seats on (heaven).
Van now mucked up, looks like it’ll be another bucket wash! chuffing hosepipe ban!!!
84D9A83B-3CD2-4FC8-87A7-D20E3626AAFE.jpeg

Back