What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Ooft. I’d better go and check my box in case I’ve got your passenger side as well as my passenger side
Haha I asked @t6blo the same thing earlier but no bueno! :rofl:

Credit to CEN, they answered my eBay msg within 10mins of me sending it. Couldn’t apologise enough & promised to come back to me with a resolution tomorrow.

These things happen. It’s how you deal with them that counts.

Soon be time to take off the winter wheels so today’s job cleaning any rust and grot off the standard road wheel bolts. Really tedious job but pays dividends when refitting the wheels. The 1st time I started this job I used a wire brush but after 3 bolts had lost the will to live. Wire wheel much quicker.56464ED7-AAFB-45B8-BAE4-4AB189740754.jpeg0927779F-6FD5-48C4-8EF4-1ABBF9E57B45.jpeg

@t6blo you going the spring gathering. i have the SPC108s, the D84AT6 sub woofer and DSP but after taking advice i swapping the D84 for a mono KTA-200m and driving the SPC108s from a Halo 11. Love to compare the sound of the various kit thats out there.
Sorry but no. Would be good to compare though

Think I’ll be doing the Gladen kit at some time too. Would be interested to see how you have soundproofed, just in front of the membrane?

View attachment 234284

Fitted new wheels today, off to CRS on Tuesday…
Nice - what wheels? LV3?

I used Silentcoat sheets - got 2 sheets on the outer door skin by reaching in through the speaker hole, about 6 sheets on the inner metal panel and 2 on the back of the door card. All cut to suit.

I’m sure the pros use more sheets and also dismantle the door fully but I couldn’t be arsed.

Nice - what wheels? LV3?

I used Silentcoat sheets - got 2 sheets on the outer door skin by reaching in through the speaker hole, about 6 sheets on the inner metal panel and 2 on the back of the door card. All cut to suit.

I’m sure the pros use more sheets and also dismantle the door fully but I couldn’t be arsed.

Yes - LV-3 in matte champagne, I haven't seen any black vans with this colour before and really pleased with it.

That is some really good info about the sheets, I think I will do the same! And certainly can't be arsed dismantling the door either, I would be too worried about breaking something..

Think I’ll be doing the Gladen kit at some time too. Would be interested to see how you have soundproofed, just in front of the membrane?

Fitted new wheels today, off to CRS on Tuesday…

I did a very much similar job to @t6blo in terms of areas covered & how, but used Dodo stuff (Deadn Hex) as well as an added layer of their closed cell foam on the middle panel over the Hex.

The difference is out of this world. that good I almost stopped carrying on with the audio upgrades, as it improved the stock speakers 10 fold. But I carried on & I’m glad I didn’t stop there. The Gladens are top notch!

IMG_5379.jpeg

I’ve been to the shop & back via the scenic route & you’ll be pleased to know they are as described (fantastic).

**Even though it currently feels like I’ve got a blocked left ear**
That’s my Gladens fitted.
I’ve not received the sound deadening yet so still have that to do. But they are a huge improvement on sound even without an amp.
IMG_5970.jpegIMG_5971.jpeg

Last edited:
I did a very much similar job to @t6blo in terms of areas covered & how, but used Dodo stuff (Deadn Hex) as well as an added layer of their closed cell foam on the middle panel over the Hex.

The difference is out of this world. that good I almost stopped carrying on with the audio upgrades, as it improved the stock speakers 10 fold. But I carried on & I’m glad I didn’t stop there. The Gladens are top notch!

View attachment 234314
Did you not stick any deadening to the actual metal door skin as well ?

Got round to fitting the wind deflectors that I bought 3 months ago, easy 5 mins job!
Plugged the van in to EHU to give the battery its first charge for a while, question!, when it says plug in for 24 hours , is that straight or can I do it in 2 12 hours stints on separate days?, I don’t really want to leave it plugged in all night?!

Fitted a locking nut to spare wheel, now I’ve read a post in making a coller to stop them using vice grips to squeeze the lock nut and just undo!, I found that a 30 mm socket will allow the bolt through and has just enough room to get the lock nut in to undo the bolt yet shielding from grips!, I will find a deep socket from work and use that as a shield!, cheap bit of security for anyone interested!
Still got to fit the rear bumper carbon protector, but I’ll wait for a warmer day so the glue defo sticks!

DC0FE8A0-7426-45BE-8A65-DBC9BA081E74.jpeg

52B453EC-5DD0-405A-A820-01B73110FE4B.jpeg

92240593-4DB3-44ED-8B47-557E509F6425.jpeg

Did you not stick any deadening to the actual metal door skin as well ?
Yeah I did that bit today when changing the speakers. Arm through the hole jobby. Now I have a sore arm. The above pic is just the initial deadening I did a couple weeks ago before I ordered the Gladens.

I watched a few videos where everyone made a point of saying you should always try the window before putting it all back together. So that you can be sure that it doesn’t foul any of the sheets & cause operational issues. I fully intended on doing that, right up to the point where i actually needed to do it. And then (in my excitement of wanting to test out the speakers) decided I didn’t need to do that at all. It was 5 seconds of my time that wasn’t warranted whatsoever.

Put it all back together, got in the van, shut the doors, flicked the ignition, amazing sound :cool:

Tried the window…

Shit.

All back out again.

So yeah, don’t do that mate :slow rofl:

Back